Fulbright 2011-2012

crimsonengineer87

Just an FYI, off the wall of the Fulbright Facebook Page:

One question: Will the IIE Offices in DC remain open during office hours if an agreement over the budget is not achieved? Thanks.

The Fulbright Program Yes, IIE offices will remain open as IIE is a non-governmental organization.

Hope that helps for those who are submitting paperwork!

Also, kudos to CrimsonEngineer for all his hard work on the spreadsheet! We all appreciate your time making it, fixing it, fixing it again... ;)

Good luck to everyone!

Neat! I received a negative from ASF, unfortunately. I don't know if I can take another rejection!

You might be right about the "2 weeks response", but I will happily continue to pester for information. I'll keep you posted.

I haven't heard anything additional from Rachel - my hypothesis is that "one to two weeks" is just the standard reply, regardless of whether we should actually expect an answer in "one to two weeks"... but if you want to e-mail tomorrow, that'd be great!

My application involves research through the University of Iceland.

By the way, did you ever hear from ASF?

I just declined my ASF award, so here's hoping it gets re-directed your way!

Neat! I received a negative from ASF, unfortunately. I don't know if I can take another rejection!

You might be right about the "2 weeks response", but I will happily continue to pester for information. I'll keep you posted.

Your Norwegian is much better than mine. I'm still only a beginner.

No worries! You'll be very good soon, I have been dating a Norwegian for 5 years, so me being fluent has something to do with that.. unfair advantage :) haha

Lets hope there is something to our theories... they do show 15 Fulbright awardees on the Norwegian website, but Fulbright says 12.. so lets hope more awards come through!

Hey fellow Iceland people- it's been just about two weeks. Has anyone heard anything else from Rachel? If not, I'll volunteer to email her tomorrow.

Also, I noticed, interestingly, that we're all applying through creative + performing arts. Is your affiliation with the Iceland Academy of the Arts, or a local artist/performer/writer?

I'll (hopefully! knock on wood!) be working on an architecture project under the guidance of Studio Granda (a Reykjavik architecture firm).

Hey Iceland finalists!

Good to hear from you.

I also noticed that we are all creative types. Last year 3 out of the 6 Iceland grantees were artists and the year before that it was 4 out of 6. Maybe it's a coincidence or maybe Icelanders like having artists come to their country.

I've applied to work on a writing project with research help from a professor at the University of Iceland.

I just discovered this website and forum by chance, and I must say its amazing how many would-be Fulbrighters are on here. You all seem great! It makes me feel better that all other MENA applicants are as anxious to hear as I am ... I applied for a Full grant to Morocco, doing political science research, and plans B and C for post-graduation have officially fallen through!

That said, I do have a couple of questions for you guys:

1) Out of curiosity, for those who are undergrads (any Fulbright program) what kinds of things are you thinking of doing if you get rejected/waitlisted? Am I the only one without a remaining back up plan??

2) I'm also wondering if any forwarded person who applied to do potentially sensitive political science research in any country where political research isn't highly recommended for Fulbrighters has gotten accepted - and not just MENA countries (ex Russia, China, central Asia, wherever).

I'm betting either acceptance because they'll want to show how welcoming and open they are to people asking questions, or rejection because its too touchy to do research on inter-party politics in the country, but I doubt I'll be waitlisted

Thoughts, anyone??

Someone I know asked her today and the its the same budget answer. So best guess is two weeks we will know because I do not know how much longer I can take

Hey there! I applied for the Fulbright ETA to Bangladesh. I have been really trying not to bug Cara. I figure we'll hear something when we hear something. :-)

Me too mellow.gif I really want this (full grant), and it's an odd feeling, like a combination of sadness and acceptance. Still, I'm really hoping I get an email or call from them before orientation saying I went from alternate to recipient.

Let's hope we make it ...

I'm so worried about what will happen to those of us who are alternates.

hello out there! just curious to hear if anyone applying to Poland for a 2011-2012 ETA grant has heard back yet. still drumming my fingers...

I'm super nervous because my transcripts didn't get in on time because of a clerical error...oh man, if that messed things up...! *shakes fist*

hello out there! just curious to hear if anyone applying to Poland for a 2011-2012 ETA grant has heard back yet. still drumming my fingers...

I'm super nervous because my transcripts didn't get in on time because of a clerical error...oh man, if that messed things up...! *shakes fist*

mine were five days late for the same reason. if that automatically axed us then i hope they just told us at that point.

HI everybody! I just found this forum. Any other ETA Turkey finalists out there? Also does anybody know if we can see how many applications each country received this year?

Hey all. Good luck with the final decisions.

I will be applying for a Fulbright Research Grant to Russia for the 2012-2013 cycle. Has anyone had the experience of applying and receiving such a grant? Did you find your own affiliation? What kind of stipend did you receive?