Fulbright 2011-2012

crimsonengineer87

i'm in new york city. the letter was postmarked 4/8/2011. if they told me that letters were ready on friday, i would have gone over there to pick it up!

y.amy.tang,

i live in nyc too. i wonder why it took the letter two business days to get to you. do you live in staten island? i only ask becuase i am hoping to get my letter the next business day after it's sent out because that's how long it usually takes for me to get mail from Manhattan addresses. although, waiting two days really isn't a big deal.

So somebody put on the spreadsheet they were accepted for Mexico ETA. Is that true or a mistake??

I called the IIE offices today and they said that as of today there have been no letters mailed for Mexico. Also, they said that when they mail them there will be no phone call or email to tell us they have been mailed. Just keep waiting is all we can do :-(

Whoa! Somebody heard from the Netherlands today?

Also, I'm interested in hearing from DK on the spreadsheet who is studying "performance"--I wonder if we applied to the Netherlands for the same reasons.

Edited by SlyStone

I got an e-mail from Cara Dobles requesting me to re-send one of my transcripts. She also told me, in response to a question about scheduling for the Central Asia orientation, that she doesn't know when they will notify Central Asia applicants, so we may have a little longer to wait.

Thanks Nebu. Perhaps that means that the rest of the Central/South Asia notices are going out too.

I just wanted to let everyone who is going crazy waiting for their letters that I received mine in the mail today. I will be researching in Madrid, Spain!!!!

So yes, some of the Spain full grant letters have been mailed! Good luck to everyone.

Now, to find a roommate! :rolleyes:

Congrats! I'm on west coast and dying dying dying of the wait for Spain. Need to be sedated to make it to tomorrow.

Okay, here is the text of the email -

I hope to be able to issue hard copy notification letters (via the U.S. Postal Service) by the end of this week for most of the candidates to Sub-Saharan Africa.

Regards,

Jermaine Jones

Program Manager, Africa and the Middle East

U.S. Student Programs

He definitely leaves a lot to be wondered. I would imagine that they are going to start sending both ETA and Full. Does someone want to follow up with him mid-week?

I can do this. I'll email/call him on Wednesday.

Crimsonengineer,

Have you received your notification and where are you headed? You've put a lot of organizational thought into this.. and it is appreciated

I just fixed it! Right? Someone had tried to sort ... hmm ... lemme check.

Congrats! I'm on west coast and dying dying dying of the wait for Spain. Need to be sedated to make it to tomorrow.

I too am on the west coast and my fingernails are chewed to nubs! What part of Spain would you be going to if you get it? ETA or Full? I'm going for the Full MBA... Good luck to us both!

i'm in new york city. the letter was postmarked 4/8/2011. if they told me that letters were ready on friday, i would have gone over there to pick it up!

i'm in North Carolina. My letter was postmarked 4/8/2011.

I will be based in Varanasi.

I see someone added themselves for Norway.. but did not put their status... anyone with Norway news.. PLEASE keep us updated!

Good luck everyone!

Yes, an update would be really appreciated. Even though I've already been notified as an alternate, I still find myself checking this forum VERY often.

y.amy.tang,

i live in nyc too. i wonder why it took the letter two business days to get to you. do you live in staten island? i only ask becuase i am hoping to get my letter the next business day after it's sent out because that's how long it usually takes for me to get mail from Manhattan addresses. although, waiting two days really isn't a big deal.

i live uptown, columbia university area. i usually get letters the day after, if it's sent from the city, but i guess it was just an extra day this time!

Fixed! I saw someone had tried to change the sorting. I had to revert back to some spreadsheet from 3ish. Sorry. So just re-enter information and check everything! Thanks guys.

I think it's still messed up, the italy ETA entries have disappeared and Indolinguist is apparently now going to italy

Hi All

So I live in Boston and received a large Manilla envelope from IIES confirming that I was awarded a full Fulbright to India. The only other information included in the package was a schedule of orientations and a document for medical evaluation. Does this mean that I got the grant or am I still in purgatory?

I think it's still messed up, the italy ETA entries have disappeared and Indolinguist is apparently now going to italy

Yeah. There are some major issues with the spreadsheet. Someone dragged down all the dates. Or something. I've saved a previous copy but dont' have time to reconcile all the dates.

PLEASE CHECK YOUR INFORMATION ON THE SPREADSHEET AND CHANGE IT IF IT'S WRONG. MOST LIKELY THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG.

For example, my notification date is wrong. I don't even remember what I put. Thanks for letting me know. This is a pain.

I too am on the west coast and my fingernails are chewed to nubs! What part of Spain would you be going to if you get it? ETA or Full? I'm going for the Full MBA... Good luck to us both!

Would be full, to do research in Barcelona. You?

Crimsonengineer,

Have you received your notification and where are you headed? You've put a lot of organizational thought into this.. and it is appreciated

Hi Erica, thanks. As an engineer, I'm very detail oriented, so it makes sense for me to put this spreadsheet together! Haha.

But I have received my notification! I received my acceptance to Germany almost three weeks for a full grant. I'd be doing research at the University of Bonn. How about you? Where did you apply? Have you heard?

And yes, the rolling hills of the Palouse is something I will always recognize!

Would be full, to do research in Barcelona. You?

Mine would be a Full to attend the Instituto de Empresas in Madrid and earn an IMBA. Maybe we'll meet at the orientation in Spain in September :D to to find something to occupy myself with until tomorrow...

Um, I think you've answered your own question? Don't be so paranoid man, you've won – congrats! By the way, what was the postmark date?

Hi All

So I live in Boston and received a large Manilla envelope from IIES confirming that I was awarded a full Fulbright to India. The only other information included in the package was a schedule of orientations and a document for medical evaluation. Does this mean that I got the grant or am I still in purgatory?

I've applied to United Arab Emirates to study urban planning & research how Emirati women negotiate their roles as leaders in urban planning & sustainability. It will mean a lot of study & research. However, I've gone to school & worked full time for over 5 years so I will be really glad to just study & meet people, God Willing.

I really think that our notice may lag until June or so. If the Middle East and gulf countries lag until the end of the month, then we have some sort of state department review... Last year (thanks to another detail oriented person like yourself) the spreadsheet shows that UAE and other MENA nations notified late May and early June.

Congratulations on Germany! What's your project/field of study?

Ah the Palouse... my mom still lives there. In fact if I win we've got to make another road trip there during the summer. My family has big summer barbeques so I've got a special interest in another visit or two before leaving.

-erica

Hi Erica, thanks. As an engineer, I'm very detail oriented, so it makes sense for me to put this spreadsheet together! Haha.

But I have received my notification! I received my acceptance to Germany almost three weeks for a full grant. I'd be doing research at the University of Bonn. How about you? Where did you apply? Have you heard?

And yes, the rolling hills of the Palouse is something I will always recognize!