LAKEHEAD HBSW 2022

RBMSW

1 hour ago, LillianM14 said:

I think rent is more affordable in Orillia?? I'm actually not too sure. Obviously cheaper if you live with others, but I've also seen that finding housing in Orillia is really competitive unfortunately. 

Oh shoot! That is soo tough! Ugh

17 hours ago, Juli3270 said:

I can relate to the "ready to burst" statement. The waiting game is difficult. I only applied to the Orillia campus and I would be commuting from Ajax (1.5 hour drive LOL). The struggle will be real but THANKFULLY the placement aspect can be done in our home area. I feel for everyone who needs to find accommodations so last minute, likewise not an easy situation.  My fingers are crossed that we all hear back by April 3rd and that there's only 2 more weeks of this dreadful uneasiness. 

I'm happy to know that I'm not alone in the feeling of ready to burst!

Honestly from what I've read online, it seems quite a few people commute from GTA and other areas. I'm about 40 minutes east of Ajax and if I had a car, I'd do the commute too! 

I just looked at residence prices and gagged, after 4 years living not on campus, I forgot how expensive it is ugh. But it seems like it might be one of the most reliable options for a 6 month living situation for those of us who have to move to Orillia. 

Also yes, fingers crossed we hear back early!! It's approaching so quickly, it feels like just yesterday I was stressing and preparing for the personal statement exam. 

Possibly good news: I emailed Madge because I was getting nervous about the application status not having changed from "applied" and asked if the first round of offers is still tracking for mid-April send out. Though she didn't comment on my application status, she said "I am hoping that we go out with Admissions by early April". I am hoping too! :)

28 minutes ago, SW2022 said:

Possibly good news: I emailed Madge because I was getting nervous about the application status not having changed from "applied" and asked if the first round of offers is still tracking for mid-April send out. Though she didn't comment on my application status, she said "I am hoping that we go out with Admissions by early April". I am hoping too! :)

Thank you so much for sharing! Let's all hope that they do come out early April ?

19 hours ago, LillianM14 said:

Is everyone else ready to spend the next week or so constantly checking for updates ?

lol, I was waiting until April 1st to make another post... WE'VE ARRIVED TO THE MONTH WHERE WE GET OUR RESPONSES. 

I'll be honest, I tried not to get my hopes up BUT THEY'RE UP and I will very much be crushed if I don't get accepted (or at least wait listed). At the same time, I'm appreciating the fact that it's a competitive program. I'll be out of country from the 3rd to 10th so I'm thinking to not check until I get back... in the case I don't get in, I don't want to put a damper on the trip. 

Fingers crossed for acceptances for all on this platform :) 

5 hours ago, Juli3270 said:

lol, I was waiting until April 1st to make another post... WE'VE ARRIVED TO THE MONTH WHERE WE GET OUR RESPONSES. 

I'll be honest, I tried not to get my hopes up BUT THEY'RE UP and I will very much be crushed if I don't get accepted (or at least wait listed). At the same time, I'm appreciating the fact that it's a competitive program. I'll be out of country from the 3rd to 10th so I'm thinking to not check until I get back... in the case I don't get in, I don't want to put a damper on the trip. 

Fingers crossed for acceptances for all on this platform :) 

The waiting game is almost over!! 

I'm with you on that one. Obviously I appreciate there's always next year, but waiting since the personal statement exam has really built up everything around admissions??

Ooo a trip! That's so exciting! 

Hoping for us all that we get in?

Got accepted to Orillia! I’m beyond excited!!! I’d love to join a FB group and can’t wait to meet you all in person in a few months! 

To anyone who reads this and did not yet get accepted, got rejected, or got waitlisted, don’t loose hope, keep chasing your dreams and if you feel this is your passion, don’t give up! 

(coming from someone who was rejected from a MSW in 2020)