Psychology PhDs With Focus on Cognition

like_psyc

Hello,

I am looking for more programs that focus on cognitive psychology. Has anyone applied to schools with faculty who research numerical processing? I am having a hard time finding them since most cognitive labs that I have found seem to focus on memory and language.

Edited by like_psyc

I would look up recently published journal articles within your area of interest and see where those researchers are working out of. However, keep in mind that there is usually quite a delay between when the research is done and then published. But you can then look at the faculty bios once you get the names. 

You could browse through the lists on the psych grad wiki.

In addition to cog programs, I would look at developmental, ed psych, and learning sciences programs. There are researchers studying numeric processing in all of those programs.

I second the suggestion above to look for articles that interest you, but also second the caveat re: the delay for new work.

I have work adjacent to this area, so happy to answer specific questions and provide names over DM.

5 hours ago, t_ruth said:

You could browse through the lists on the psych grad wiki.

In addition to cog programs, I would look at developmental, ed psych, and learning sciences programs. There are researchers studying numeric processing in all of those programs.

I second the suggestion above to look for articles that interest you, but also second the caveat re: the delay for new work.

I have work adjacent to this area, so happy to answer specific questions and provide names over DM.

Thank you so much! I'll be checking those programs out and sending my questions to you.

On 10/13/2021 at 7:30 AM, PsyDuck90 said:

I would look up recently published journal articles within your area of interest and see where those researchers are working out of. However, keep in mind that there is usually quite a delay between when the research is done and then published. But you can then look at the faculty bios once you get the names. 

Thanks! I did not consider the delay.