aud_hopeful6

On 3/14/2022 at 9:10 PM, audiobri said:

Hi everyone! 

I just got an offer from Dalhousie's audiology program this morning, it was way earlier than I was expecting! I accepted the offer this afternoon, wondering if anyone else has heard back? :)

Well done! A huge congrats to you! May I ask are you from Atlantic Canada?

On 3/15/2022 at 8:47 AM, audiobri said:

Thank you! :) I have a 4.0 according to my current university’s scale, but when my GPA was converted on OPRAS my sGPA was 3.97 and overall GPA was 3.96. (I’m not sure how they calculated it for Dal). I’m finishing an honours degree in behavioural neuroscience and have approximately 1000 research hours in that area/the psychology department. I have over 400 hours working in an audiology clinic and extensive volunteer experience in healthcare-related areas (CHHA, brain injury association, long-term care, eating disorder foundation, Diabetes Canada, etc.).

Heyyy hello I just got accepted too! Would you like to talk? I’m looking for friends since I’m a Quebec applicant and it’s actually stressful ahahha 

36 minutes ago, RLG77 said:

Heyyy hello I just got accepted too! Would you like to talk? I’m looking for friends since I’m a Quebec applicant and it’s actually stressful ahahha 

Congrats! Do you mind sharing your stats? Also, do you know if they are sending offers out based on alphabetical order?

45 minutes ago, Moe95 said:

Congrats! Do you mind sharing your stats? Also, do you know if they are sending offers out based on alphabetical order?

Stats: 

Bachelor’s of Education 3.93 GPA UQAM Montreal QC, CANADA 

150 hours volunteering with S-LP

Research Assistant at University of Montreal and McGill university 

Substitute teacher ESL at my old highschool.

And my last name is Galette, but I don’t know if they go in alphabetical order ? 

5 hours ago, RLG77 said:

Stats: 

Bachelor’s of Education 3.93 GPA UQAM Montreal QC, CANADA 

150 hours volunteering with S-LP

Research Assistant at University of Montreal and McGill university 

Substitute teacher ESL at my old highschool.

And my last name is Galette, but I don’t know if they go in alphabetical order ? 

Thank you! 

6 hours ago, Kelsey Kilpatrick said:

Has anyone heard from Dal yet? I am out of province but am seeing some people getting accepted (not sure if they are in province or not). Is dal calling or sending an email?

Once you received the acceptance was there any update in the application portal?

Hey, I haven’t heard anything yet, so I can’t be much help to you, but I was snooping the SLP page and they’ve been saying they received emails from Dal!

9 minutes ago, Moe95 said:

Has anyone received a refusal letter from Dal? 

I haven’t heard anything yet. I’ve been feeling good, but now that the time is here I’m so nervous and second guessing everything… hopefully everything is out soon! 

Does anyone know the likelihood of being accepted without an Honours? Is it realistically possible? I have a decent amount of research experience, but I don't have an Honours degree. In 2 independent studies, though, I completed all the same tasks an Honours student would. Do you guys think that would count for anything in the eyes of the admission committee? Thanks :)

On 3/22/2022 at 1:25 PM, Moe95 said:

Oh god I hope they aren’t sending them out alphabetically. My last name starts with a V. 

Ontario applicant here, haven’t heard anything yet. My application was confirmed on Feb 24th, and that’s the last correspondence I’ve had. 

I applied for Dalhousie and Western, but haven't heard anything from them!

This is my second year applying. Last year I applied for PhD in linguistics at U of T and master in audiolgy at Dal and got admitted into both. At that time I was not sure which one to choose then I declined Dal and chose U of T because the PhD program offers me full funding. But soon I figured out that doing a linguistics PhD was not what I want so I quitted the PhD program and applied again for the audiology programs this year. I have applied for Dal, Western, and two AuD-PhD combined programs in the US. Now I have been admitted into the AuD-PhD combined program at Ohio University, and didn't get into the combined program at U of Minnesota. But I would prefer the canadian schools (Dal and Western). I don't want to go to the US.... I am super anxious now.

Since I got admitted to Dal last year, I really cannot imagine how I will feel if I get rejected this year..... OMG... Last year Dal sent me an email on March 29th saying I was accepted. 

I am now doing my MA in linguistics (thesis track) with a focus on phonetics. I am 24 years old and I am international but have been in Canada for four years. I love this country and I and my boyfriend (also international) hope to live and work here in the future! I haven't calculated my GPA but it should be ok because all my recent courses are A or A+ or A-. I don't have published papers but I have multiple research experiences and have presented at several conferences. I have around 100 hours of volunteering work with an SLP. I volunteered to offer therapy sessions to a teenager with audtism during the volunteering experience.

Hope we can get in! Fingers crossed!

Edited by AUDLinguist

29 minutes ago, damaei said:

Congratulations!!! For those of you that got accepted, do you guys mind sharing your stats? ?

Thank you! And sure :) 

sgpa 3.9/4.0, 4.1/4.3

cgpa 3.8/4.3

undergrad in Psych

I did 3 independent studies (directed studies courses). 2 in “maintaining health and cognition in late life” with a geropsychologist. And the other was titled “hearing ability in adolescence: behavioural online testing.”

i had 23 hours volunteer in an audiology clinic, 120 hours in an ER, and 24 hours in an English academic preparation class at my uni. Basically, assisting in a class with students learning English as a second language.

A lot of my resumé and personal statement talked about my interest in gerontology and hearing, specifically as it affects seniors healthcare. Also my interest in examining the impact of population aging on the Canadian healthcare system. I took a lot of gerontology classes in my undergrad. That may have been an interesting twist to my application, not sure. 

anyway, good luck to everyone who applied! My fingers are crossed for all of you!

I'm an international applicant. It's my second year applying AUD program of Dal. I got waiting list offer last year, and for this year, I haven't heard anything yet...
Feel so nervous. Finger crossed for all applicants who haven't received the results and big congrats to those got accepted!!  

5 hours ago, damaei said:

Congratulations!!! For those of you that got accepted, do you guys mind sharing your stats? ?

Sure, I got my BSc degree in Kinesiology with honours.

sgpa 3.94/4.0, 4.15/4.3

I don't have strong audiology background, but I showed my strong interests with around 30 hrs volunteer experiences with audiologist, but over 1000 hours in sports coaching. 

Good luck everyone!