2021-2022 Application Thread

Theory007

4 hours ago, PoliCommsGirl said:

I wasn't aware that UMD had even started sending offers?

In the last circle, I was waitlisted to UMD in late Feb., so did Indiana. I guess further results are coming soon based on what I experienced last year. 

Fingers crossed to all!  

Edited by Agape9453

7 hours ago, IAMK said:

Has anyone heard anything from Indiana Bloomington, TAMU, Colorado Boulder, USC, Pittsburgh, or Johns Hopkins? 

I don't know about the others but Bloomington has historically sent out acceptance emails around 17-18th of February. Could happen this week. 

4 hours ago, sswimky said:

If we haven't heard anything from Duke, UCLA, NYU, or Columbia, should we just assume rejection? Why do schools stagger their acceptances and rejections like that, like what could they gain from that?

Wondering the same thing ?

0A/4R/11P So far. Very disappointed. 

Georgetown, Illinois Urbana Champaign, Maryland - released email for acceptance, I haven't received any, means rejection..?  

NW, Cornell, Hopkins, UC Boulder, Rutgers, Pittsburgh, Northeastern, SUNY Binghamton - hasn't released any result 

Is this correct? I still want some hope,,, Please let me know if this is incorrect info!^  CP subfield. 

Edited by Hazel C

2 hours ago, Hazel C said:

Georgetown, Illinois Urbana Champaign, Maryland - released email for acceptance, I haven't received any, means rejection..?  

NW, Cornell, Hopkins, UC Boulder, Rutgers, Pittsburgh, Northeastern, SUNY Binghamton - hasn't released any result 

Is this correct? I still want some hope,,, Please let me know if this is incorrect info!^  CP subfield. 

Hang in there. You only need one. I know it's frustrating but you'll hear back soon :)

2 minutes ago, honeymoow said:

No, but I received first post-acceptance contact from a POI last night. Otherwise it's been very quiet!

Good to know, thank you!! Agreed, it has been very quiet - haven’t received a message yet from any faculty or grad student, but I also haven’t reached out (I can’t decide whether I should initiate contact or just be patient!!)

3 hours ago, Hazel C said:

I would say if you haven't heard back from schools that have sent both acceptances and rejections, I would bet that you're waitlisted (though I'm sure that isn't always the case, just a bet).

Just hang in there. You absolutely shouldn't lose hope yet. 4 rejections out of 15 applications isn't the end of the world at all! As others have said - you only need one.

Edited by bmo103

Question for those of you who have made it into your dream schools. First of all, congratulations! It's so great to know that there are colleagues are getting in places, and that we can (hopefully) do that too! 

So a lot of you have said that you worked really hard on refining your statement of purpose. Did you work with professors in the field to do that, or have some sort of service review it? I feel as though it's difficult (at least for me) to refine my SoP, since most of the people that I have looking at it aren't scholars or in the field specifically. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! As we're waiting to hear back from a lot of schools over the next few weeks, feeling like I'm at least doing SOMETHING to make my application package more competitive will (hopefully) help my mental wellbeing lol

1 minute ago, kmccorm2 said:

I feel as though it's difficult (at least for me) to refine my SoP, since most of the people that I have looking at it aren't scholars or in the field specifically.

This is also the case for me. I felt fairly confident in my SoP when submitting but I now realize how many services/resources are out there to assist ? Not sure how I will fare as I am still waiting on my schools but I have a feeling that I may be taking part in the next cycle, too...

15 hours ago, blueskies58 said:

For any Columbia admits: have you received a funding offer yet? 

One of the professors also reached out to me, and I am talking to him him tomorrow. I think you need to give them permission to contact you so that they can reach out. (In the first unofficial email it asks if you agree to give permission)