2021-2022 Application Thread

Theory007

Hey everyone! I also got off the waitlist from a program, and they said the official letter should come in a couple of weeks (I got an unofficial letter from the DGS). That means I am officially accepted right? Should I ever be worried about my decision until I get the official letter? I saw the post a couple of days ago from some who got off the waitlist from Duke and that Duke told him to ask for an extension of the program he or she is considering. So that made me a little worried if everything is still up in the air until I get the official letter? Might be thinking too much... but still wanted to ask! 

44 minutes ago, sfsdfdfsfdfsd said:

Hey everyone! I also got off the waitlist from a program, and they said the official letter should come in a couple of weeks (I got an unofficial letter from the DGS). That means I am officially accepted right? Should I ever be worried about my decision until I get the official letter? I saw the post a couple of days ago from some who got off the waitlist from Duke and that Duke told him to ask for an extension of the program he or she is considering. So that made me a little worried if everything is still up in the air until I get the official letter? Might be thinking too much... but still wanted to ask! 

Unless there are larger, strange structural problems with the school, you have absolutely nothing to worry about. I wouldn't reneg on another school without the official letter, but that's totally out of an abundance of caution and because it's cost free to do so. I know it's much easier said than done, but try to relax, you're in. 

16 minutes ago, uncle_socks said:

Unless there are larger, strange structural problems with the school, you have absolutely nothing to worry about. I wouldn't reneg on another school without the official letter, but that's totally out of an abundance of caution and because it's cost free to do so. I know it's much easier said than done, but try to relax, you're in. 

Thanks! Yeah I mean that would never happen, but everything still seems undecided until I get the portal changed. And while some schools only take a few days, my program told me it will take a few weeks.. They seem to have a really slow process.. but I'll try to relax. Appreicate your reply!

On 4/21/2022 at 1:03 PM, AnxiousGradStudent01 said:

Wondering this too, I haven't gotten anything yet

Hey! I just wanted to send you a quick update in case you're still waiting on Georgetown. My portal hasn't been updated at all since I submitted my app, but I sent an email to the professor I interviewed with and they gave me like an informal notification of my admission status.

18 hours ago, coffeecoffee365 said:

Hey! I just wanted to send you a quick update in case you're still waiting on Georgetown. My portal hasn't been updated at all since I submitted my app, but I sent an email to the professor I interviewed with and they gave me like an informal notification of my admission status.

Oh wow! Congratulations! May I ask what subfield you are?

On 4/27/2022 at 10:49 AM, Whatthehaha said:

Is anybody still waiting to get the waitlist result? It’s kinda ridiculous that I haven’t   heard anything back from the DGS….

you def should contact them to express your interest. WL is moving usually fast; they won't give sufficient time to consider offers as prior admits.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/28/2022 at 4:16 PM, Whatthehaha said:

Thank you for your reply. Truth is I’ve sent them two emails over the last two weeks but heard nothing back.

Did this ever get resolved?

• 4 months later...

Hi guys, 

I applied to Kennesaw State University's PhD in International Conflict Management in August this year for a Spring 2023 start. I guess it is one of the few programs that has both a spring and fall start. 

Anyway, happy to report that I got accepted and have been offered a full graduate assistantship, along with a  $2,000/month stipend. 

A couple of years ago, I had applied to 8 programs and was not accepted into any. This time I applied to only one and got in. I wanted to wish everyone good luck, whether you have gotten into a PhD program or are looking to apply again. 

• 2 weeks later...