2021-2022 Application Thread

Theory007

14 minutes ago, Quriosity said:

I'm also waiting on Georgetown and UMD. Are you American Politics? Seems like for those two schools only IR/CP have heard back. 

Oh..well. Im CP. I may assume rejections from GT but not sure UMD. 

8 hours ago, phduntome said:

Seems odd that Cornell is still totally silent. Anyone heard anything or know when we might expect something?

By mid-March. I emailed the grad coordinator a week or two ago and that was their response.

2 hours ago, Hazel C said:

Hi guys. Anyone knows about Georgetown, Cornell, UMD, Northeastern, Pittsburgh- no hope or still making decisions? At this point, I need to prepare mentally,,, 

Cornell said they hoped to release decisions by mid-March.

13 hours ago, Quriosity said:

I'm also waiting on Georgetown and UMD. Are you American Politics? Seems like for those two schools only IR/CP have heard back. 

Also waiting on Georgetown, and at this point, quite frustrated. This is my third cycle applying there -- I've worked there/gone to school there for the past 7 years, TA for free for law school classes, and have a professor that wants to work with me within the program. I don't know what else I can do! lol 

Definitely at the 2nd stage of grief for this cycle with the anger and annoyance. Glad I have all of you guys here going through the same emotions as me!

Edited by kmccorm2

Waitlisted at UNC, not rejected. I reached out to the Director of Grad Admissions for a status update as I still hadn't heard anything as of yesterday. 

Edited by bmo103

20 minutes ago, kmccorm2 said:

Also waiting on Georgetown, and at this point, quite frustrated. This is my third cycle applying there -- I've worked there/gone to school there for the past 7 years, TA for free for law school classes, and have a professor that wants to work with me within the program. I don't know what else I can do! lol 

Definitely at the 2nd stage of grief for this cycle with the anger and annoyance. Glad I have all of you guys here going through the same emotions as me!

This is indeed very frustrating! I am also waiting on Gtown (CP), I've decided to put myself out of my misery and I just went ahead and emailed them about when an update is coming. I don't want to be pessimistic, but they've really drawn it out since we saw the first acceptances (and even interviews tbh) go out this cycle. I'll update what they respond!

Just now, PoliCommsGirl said:

This is indeed very frustrating! I am also waiting on Gtown (CP), I've decided to put myself out of my misery and I just went ahead and emailed them about when an update is coming. I don't want to be pessimistic, but they've really drawn it out since we saw the first acceptances (and even interviews tbh) go out this cycle. I'll update what they respond!

I did the same! Especially since it had said 6-10 weeks from the deadline, and 10 weeks past the deadline was yesterday. Will also update if I hear anything.

41 minutes ago, kmccorm2 said:

hear your grievance. one reason I observe may be that graduate schools discriminate against older applicants and this correlation is raw-eye detectable. but you got one acceptance so should cheer up! 

6 minutes ago, DanTheGrad said:

Thank you for sharing, and giving us the heads up to keep a lookout for emails from UMD.

Thanks--it is what it is. What I want to study is pretty niche, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's all rejections this cycle, but wishing everyone else all the best!

31 minutes ago, ballofstress said:

Is it okay to ask how far up on a waitlist you are? Are they even allowed to tell you? I'm planning on accepting Illinois if they are able to extend me an offer. 

Absolutely. You can reach out and say that, thank them for the continued consideration of your application and state that you're still interested