(Canada 2022) MPP/MPA Applications

Received acceptance email from Dr. Norton  yesterday for MPS Waterloo. The letter said I should be receiving official acceptance letter on Quest on another 10 working days. 

In the end, the letter says "I must note that this offer is conditional on final approval from Graduate and Postdoctoral Affairs. So, you should not make any firm admission decision until you receive the official University of Waterloo offer in Quest.  

Hope this is normal. 

13 minutes ago, Gradnew said:

Received acceptance email from Dr. Norton  yesterday for MPS Waterloo. The letter said I should be receiving official acceptance letter on Quest on another 10 working days. 

In the end, the letter says "I must note that this offer is conditional on final approval from Graduate and Postdoctoral Affairs. So, you should not make any firm admission decision until you receive the official University of Waterloo offer in Quest.  

Hope this is normal. 

It is! My first Waterloo email was verbatim, so just keep an eye on Quest during these next few days ?.

On 4/15/2022 at 11:51 AM, LawAndMordor said:

It is! My first Waterloo email was verbatim, so just keep an eye on Quest during these next few days ?.

Ditto. That’s what mine was. 
What happens is the schools send their acceptance lists to the Faculty of Grad Studies and they just have to sign off on it. More of a formality, but they say that to cover their a** should something come up. 

For anyone waiting on Queens MPA don't lose hope yet. After April 15th passed I emailed to ask if the dates on their website were accurate and all successful applicants had been sent offers and was told that my application is still active and being reviewed. I am guessing it was a very competitive year so they couldn't meet that intended deadline. 

14 hours ago, ajbf2000 said:

For anyone waiting on Queens MPA don't lose hope yet. After April 15th passed I emailed to ask if the dates on their website were accurate and all successful applicants had been sent offers and was told that my application is still active and being reviewed. I am guessing it was a very competitive year so they couldn't meet that intended deadline. 

Thank you for this lol!! Wishing us both success in our applications 

Hello, is anyone else still waiting to hear back from X university and Munk?  This whole waiting process is absolutely killing me.  I applied to a different program at U Ottawa and heard back in February and was waitlisted.  Obviously I know different programs have their own time lines, but still nice to know where I stood early on.   I emailed X's program admin on April 4th and was told that she was unable to answer any specific time frame related question. My stats admittedly are a bit lower (78 overall average) but my resume/cover letter was decent and so were my references.  I know grades obviously matter the most, I'm just curious if anyone else here on this page is in the same boat... and just waiting.  

Edited by Jaclyn Manderville

On 4/21/2022 at 11:16 AM, Jaclyn Manderville said:

Hello, is anyone else still waiting to hear back from X university and Munk?  This whole waiting process is absolutely killing me.  I applied to a different program at U Ottawa and heard back in February and was waitlisted.  Obviously I know different programs have their own time lines, but still nice to know where I stood early on.   I emailed X's program admin on April 4th and was told that she was unable to answer any specific time frame related question. My stats admittedly are a bit lower (78 overall average) but my resume/cover letter was decent and so were my references.  I know grades obviously matter the most, I'm just curious if anyone else here on this page is in the same boat... and just waiting.  

Are you a full time or a part time applicant for X? 

7 hours ago, Matcha-Tea said:

Has anyone got an offer from University of Victoria for MPA Online for September 2022? I am anxiously waiting.. they gave out offers the first week of April last year. 

I got an email last week with a rejection! Best of luck!

1 minute ago, Jaclyn Manderville said:

i'm a full time applicant for X University.

I'm wishing you the best of luck! I am guessing they're probably still sending out decisions, I was offered acceptance on March 22nd and I believe that was the first round. I asked them for an extension in early April. They couldn't give me an extension longer than a few days because they were still sending out other rounds of offers and it was very competitive so I accepted on the 6th of April. I am assuming they're still sending out offers because I had an extension to accept until April 10th (like I said, I believe I was in the first round and I think they do 3). You have to put down a deposit in June, so I am guessing that offers stop in early June so there's still time! I hope that this bit of info helps, I was really anxious waiting so I totally get how you feel. Crossing my fingers for you and let me know if you hear back! 

5 hours ago, Jaclyn Manderville said:

Congratulations on your offer! Very exciting for you.  The deposit deadline in June does help ease my mind a bit, I just was hoping I didn't have to wait all summer to get a decision.  

Thanks! I totally understand, I'm sure you'll hear from them soon but the waiting game sure sucks haha 

21 hours ago, ThisisB said:

I got an email last week with a rejection! Best of luck!

Aweh sorry to hear! Had you applied anywhere else? I only applied to UVIC so I only have my ‘eggs in one basket’. Fingers crossed for an admission but I am not too hopeful, was rejected last year.

On 4/28/2022 at 7:44 PM, oatmilkespresso said:

Did anyone hear back from Queens recently about their application? (Wait list / rejection?) I am stressed out waiting ? 

You may have to wait until mid-June since the deposit date for people with current offers is June 1.  

On 5/2/2022 at 9:56 PM, bgormo said:

You may have to wait until mid-June since the deposit date for people with current offers is June 1.  

Thanks for your response. I just wish they would at least tell people if they were waitlisted if that was the case. Because most schools have earlier dates to accept their offer. If you don’t mind me asking what was your last two year GPA at the point of application? 

3 hours ago, oatmilkespresso said:

Thanks for your response. I just wish they would at least tell people if they were waitlisted if that was the case. Because most schools have earlier dates to accept their offer. If you don’t mind me asking what was your last two year GPA at the point of application? 

I hear you -- I'm in your situation with my law school applications so I know how annoying it is. My L2 upon application was  81.9% which I believe on their GPA scale is like 3.81.