Fall 2022 - African American Studies PhD

ashwel11

• 4 weeks later...

Hey! I applied to Penn's Africana Studies PhD program and to Duke's English PhD program with an intended certificate in African and African American Studies. I intend to apply to WUSTL's English PhD program with an intended American Studies program on 1/7. I'm beyond nervous about decisions, but wishing both of us luck!

What's your area of study?

2 hours ago, libramoon said:

Hey! I applied to Penn's Africana Studies PhD program and to Duke's English PhD program with an intended certificate in African and African American Studies. I intend to apply to WUSTL's English PhD program with an intended American Studies program on 1/7. I'm beyond nervous about decisions, but wishing both of us luck!

What's your area of study?

Hey! Those are great programs. I'm a bit nervous as well, I can't lie. But yes - good luck to you as well :) 

I'm specializing in the intersections of race, gender, and class in regards to mental health - specifically looking at Black American women. So I'm applying to a few Interdisciplinary programs for that. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi all! I know we haven't used this thread much this application season, but just popping in to say that I just received my rejection from Northwestern's African American Studies program. Hope you're all have a successful season!

Edited by ashwel11