Biomedical Sciences PhD Applicants (Fall 2022)

pathoscientist

Hi everyone, I was hoping to hear back from schools by now but radio silence. Do you know if they are still sending out interviews for NYU Vilcek, UVA BIMS, Weill Cornell IMP and Harvard Immunology?

I also applied to UC-Berkeley MCB and they said we were gonna hear back in the first week of January but nothing yet. Thanks!

On 12/30/2021 at 2:24 PM, 123cheese said:

Has anyone heard from Weill Cornell IMP? I saw 2 people post on the results page that they received invites on the 15th. Wondering if invites are in waves or if all have been sent already ? 

Hi, I saw you posted this a week ago. Have you heard from Cornell IMP yet?

14 hours ago, Macrophage24 said:

Hi everyone, I was hoping to hear back from schools by now but radio silence. Do you know if they are still sending out interviews for NYU Vilcek, UVA BIMS, Weill Cornell IMP and Harvard Immunology?

I also applied to UC-Berkeley MCB and they said we were gonna hear back in the first week of January but nothing yet. Thanks!

I'm still holding out hope for NYU Vilcek just based on their website that says their timeline includes interview invites sent from December to March, but I'm not sure about the others! Please update if you hear back from NYU and good luck!

Edited by m114rh.02

11 hours ago, Macrophage24 said:

Hi, I saw you posted this a week ago. Have you heard from Cornell IMP yet?

No I haven't ? based on someone else's reply I feel like they might have all been sent out already. I might email them to double check

24 minutes ago, Potato_soup said:

Does anyone have suggestions on if we are given multiple interview dates, can we choose the later ones or should we choose the earliest ones? Would that affect admission rates?

I know that some schools admit on a rolling basis, so if you interview earlier they have more slots available. I'm not sure if this really means that admission rate is much different, but I'd go with the earliest date to be safe!

4 minutes ago, SodiumDS said:

Has anybody heard from Hopkins CMM or XDbio? Weird that I do not see any datapoint at all.

Never heard from Hopkins CMM yet... I assume they all received tons of applications this year since the process has been delayed for many programs

6 minutes ago, Nata20 said:

Never heard from Hopkins CMM yet... I assume they all received tons of applications this year since the process has been delayed for many programs

Makes sense. BCMB was very fast though, and they are comparable in the size of applicant pools. 

2 hours ago, Nata20 said:

Hey, just wanted to share that I emailed WUSTL DBBS and they said they are still reviewing applications and sending interview invitations and hope to wrap it up in the next two weeks. I specifically asked about MCB but seems like their response might have been regarding all admission committees.

The tracks under WashU DBBS review applications separately... I know DBBS Immunology was done with sending interview invites. 

3 hours ago, proteinaggftw said:

Hey! Did anyone hear anything from MIT Biology? I saw last year they sent interviews on Jan 8th which was a Friday, does that mean they should be doing that today this year? Or maybe Monday, it's so stressful

I am waiting for an update from them as well! Their website says mid January, so imagine we have some time still.  A friend of mine, who finished his PhD there a couple years ago, said they are VERY slow. He even said they will even send out interview invites into March sometimes . . .

49 minutes ago, SodiumDS said:

Has anybody heard from Hopkins CMM or XDbio? Weird that I do not see any datapoint at all.

40 minutes ago, Nata20 said:

Someone mentioned in Reddit that they received CMM invite in mid of december. Also the interview is in next week. I lost hope on that :(

Received interview invites from Drexel, Jefferson, and Temple. Rejected from Mt. Sinai.

still waiting to hear back from Penn BGS-Pharmacology. Anyone know when their interview dates are or if I should assume a silent rejection if I haven’t heard back by now? 

Edited by rainbowsprimkle

Heard back from Stanford today and got an invite for an interview! Was in shock as this was the school I did not expect to hear from! Had my UCI interview today and it went well; they asked very standard interview questions and made it feel very conversational as opposed to a formal interview.

Applied: UCLA, UCI, USC, Stanford

Interview: UCLA, UCI, USC, Stanford