2022 Applicants

1 hour ago, heterotopia said:

@Submarina Also, do you have any idea how many people JHU accepted this year? My sense is that they tend to have very small cohorts. 

Thank you! I'm not sure, but I definitely plan to ask when I talk to them. Will keep you in the loop.

9 minutes ago, Shake829 said:

I’ve been avoiding logging into my portals for a few days. Logged in today and had a rejection waiting from Chicago that was dated 2/4. Never even received an email notification . . . if you’re like me and trying not to check, it seems that the results are there even though there’s no email. 

I'm sorry but I don't know what to say or what might help at this point! I am as miserable... I haven't heard from a single place and would love to stay off these portals since I am having horrid dreams even in my waking hours. But habits die hard! Though i am trying to ease up and come to terms with a very likely shutout...

Do you have an acceptance at hand?--that would be of some relief at least.

Edited by Hard times!

irvine asked for a reupload of my transcript and whereas that's a big enough part of a grad school app that I can't at all guarantee anything man it feels like it'd be H E L L J A I L not to get accepted thereafter lol. fingers crossed I guess

3 minutes ago, robertsona_grad said:

irvine asked for a reupload of my transcript and whereas that's a big enough part of a grad school app that I can't at all guarantee anything man it feels like it'd be H E L L J A I L not to get accepted thereafter lol. fingers crossed I guess

Don't take my word for this but that sounds kinda like a big deal?! I submitted an unofficial transcript to a school accidentally and when I asked them about this they were just like "we don't need your official transcript unless we accept you," uh, so..?!

well what's funny is I applied in 2020 for f21 unsuccessfully and my transcript is the exact same since then and the website was like "yea just keep that one" and put a check next to it but I guess they needed me to upload it separately

so tbc it's a little different from asking me for an upgrade to an offish transcript

still kinda optimistic though. kinda.

2 hours ago, Shake829 said:

I’ll also never understand why programs with obvious shortlists (i.e., conducting interviews) keep the rest of us in the dark for so long. If you know you’re not going to interview us, why not just put us out of our misery early?

I swear. Getting nervous with no responses from any of the schools I've applied to. Hang in there, everyone, sending good wishes your way! 

Just now, why_tho said:

I swear. Getting nervous with no responses from any of the schools I've applied to. Hang in there, everyone, sending good wishes your way! 

Having difficulty remaining positive though... Can see every last hope disappearing into thin air because of this radio silence...

4 hours ago, Hard times! said:

I'm sorry but I don't know what to say or what might help at this point! I am as miserable... I haven't heard from a single place and would love to stay off these portals since I am having horrid dreams even in my waking hours. But habits die hard! Though i am trying to ease up and come to terms with a very likely shutout...

Do you have an acceptance at hand?--that would be of some relief at least.

No acceptance in hand as of yet, though I am hopeful that something will come! Manifest what you want and keep positive thoughts. I’m sure you’ll be posting an acceptance to this forum in no time :)

Kept thinking "I just want to hear from *someone*" and then got my Hopkins rejection today...  Be careful what you wish for and all that, but I think I'm happier knowing than not knowing. Maybe? A little bummed because it was probably the best fit, at least in my head. Already recalibrating. Still a chance I get in somewhere, but I want to feel positive about the fall, so I'm thinking about what I can do (and what I'd enjoy doing) that would also make me a stronger candidate next time.

Congrats to those with acceptances already!

1 hour ago, medievalpeasant said:

Does anyone have idea what's going on with UoOregon? ? It's been quite for a few days, I'm wondering if that's bad news or if they're just moving slowly.

Haven't heard a peep from Oregon either, judging by the results board they're just moving verrrry slowly. 

2 hours ago, Cordelipup said:

I'm still just waiting anxiously to hear back from UCI and anything from anyone about UW. I know they sent a top 15% email last year...

I JUST got an interview request from the DGS at UCI, so there's movement happening. Fingers crossed for you! (And for me holy cow I'm so nervous).

1 hour ago, phdapplicant321 said:

didn't realise there was a forum. wanted to say hi and see what things are happening here. it's been a wild few weeks, got offers from cornell, brown, and recently had my columbia interview. anyone else here interview with columbia??

Wow! You’ve gotten interest from brown, cornell, and Columbia? Please share your wisdom with the less fortunate ?. In all seriousness, though, congratulations—sounds like your application is top notch. Best of luck to you!!

9 hours ago, Hard times! said:

Having difficulty remaining positive though... Can see every last hope disappearing into thin air because of this radio silence...

I'm nervous as hell over here ?? ? Although I just finished my last applications two weeks ago, and I know applications take time to process, I can't help feeling so anxious every.single.day.

3 hours ago, phdapplicant321 said:

didn't realise there was a forum. wanted to say hi and see what things are happening here. it's been a wild few weeks, got offers from cornell, brown, and recently had my columbia interview. anyone else here interview with columbia??

Wow amazing, congrats! What was the interview like? And do you know if they interviewed everyone? Just wondering if they're even considering me LOL.

Edited by Submarina

6 hours ago, Submarina said:

Wow amazing, congrats! What was the interview like? And do you know if they interviewed everyone? Just wondering if they're even considering me LOL.

they wouldn't tell me details about what being interviewed meant, how many were interviewed etc., but it did feel as if they probably didn't interview everyone, but also that not all interviews had been done yet. 

8 hours ago, Shake829 said:

Wow! You’ve gotten interest from brown, cornell, and Columbia? Please share your wisdom with the less fortunate ?. In all seriousness, though, congratulations—sounds like your application is top notch. Best of luck to you!!

thank you!

9 hours ago, aerialxav said:

@phdapplicant321 Congratulations!! Do you know if Brown has sent out all their acceptances? Thank you!!

no, sorry, I don't know if they have or not!

Edited by phdapplicant321

10 hours ago, phdapplicant321 said:

Hello there, congratulations! From Brown, did you receive an email from the DGS/ POI? Also, if you don't mind sharing, what is your area of research? Best wishes, everyone!