Fall 2022 Statistics/Biostatistics Applicant Thread

19 hours ago, tallguyfromstats said:

I saw last year's post and thought it would be a nice time to start an application thread.

Additionally, I believe emails for interviews for PhD biostatistics programs have started rolling in. 

Hey there!

Thanks for starting the thread!

Which schools have already sent out interviews?

Thanks

12 hours ago, tallguyfromstats said:

I recieved an email from BU for interview few days ago. I think more emails are going to come in next week. 

Which program did you apply to, PhD in Statistics or Biostatistics?

Anyone heard back from any school you applied to, especially for Ph.D in Statistics?

I know we should expect to hear back starting from mid-January onwards, but seeing people update about their results/interview invitation for the programs they applied to (not statistics) makes me anxious. 

Anw, Merry Christmas everyone!

I was admitted to UMN, and invited to interview at UPenn. Both are for biostats, which generally seem to be much earlier than stats (these also seem to be extra early results), so try not to think too much of it! No news is still good new at this point. 

Happy holidays, and good luck everyone! :) 

7 minutes ago, BayesBiostat said:

I was admitted to UMN, and invited to interview at UPenn. Both are for biostats, which generally seem to be much earlier than stats (these also seem to be extra early results), so try not to think too much of it! No news is still good new at this point. 

Happy holidays, and good luck everyone! :)

Wow! Congratulations. I also applied to UMN Biostatistics but it's more like out of reach for me. 

Btw, I remember there was this discord server created last year for PhD applicants in Stats/Biostats. Should we have one too or this forum is sufficient? 

Also, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone! 

2 hours ago, tallguyfromstats said:

Wow! Congratulations. I also applied to UMN Biostatistics but it's more like out of reach for me. 

Btw, I remember there was this discord server created last year for PhD applicants in Stats/Biostats. Should we have one too or this forum is sufficient? 

Also, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone! 

I wasn't aware if there was a discord server for phd applicants. Perhaps you can create one?

11 minutes ago, minhbui said:

I wasn't aware if there was a discord server for phd applicants. Perhaps you can create one?

Well, that server was created on r/statistics subreddit. I think people can just join that server and continue the discussion there. Here's the link to join the server - https://discord.gg/F6Gw6rvvY3 .

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just discovered this forum now, but I was accepted to University of Michigan biostats PhD on 1/12 by email and a bit earlier by a faculty phone call. I don't know if they've sent out all acceptances yet.

Edited by forthorn
wrong date

Just got an email from Pitt (oddly enough, from SCI rather than Dietrich, where the stats department is located) that an offer of graduate admission to the PhD in statistics should be available at my account on the university website, and that my academic advisor is Dr. None (hmm). This seemed odd, especially since applications only closed on Saturday, so I logged onto the system and sure enough, the decision was still pending. I followed up with the sender for further details, will keep y'all posted.

Edited by SteelBite

2 hours ago, SteelBite said:

Just got an email from Pitt (oddly enough, from SCI rather than Dietrich, where the stats department is located) that an offer of graduate admission to the PhD in statistics should be available at my account on the university website, and that my academic advisor is Dr. None (hmm). This seemed odd, especially since applications only closed on Saturday, so I logged onto the system and sure enough, the decision was still pending. I followed up with the sender for further details, will keep y'all posted.

Might be a mistake.. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/gradadmissions/comments/s6h6so/upitts_admissions_system_is_glitching_got_a/

that really sucks if that's the case

On 1/17/2022 at 8:02 AM, forthorn said:

Just discovered this forum now, but I was accepted to University of Michigan biostats PhD on 1/12 by email and a bit earlier by a faculty phone call. I don't know if they've sent out all acceptances yet.

Congratulations!

But I really hope they haven't sent out all acceptances. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Anyone know if there is a discord specifically for statistics ms applicants (fall 2022)? Where do people find out if decisions come out for schools? There doesn't seem to be any ms decisions on the phd hopefuls server.

Edited by student108