Fall 2021 Statistics/Biostatistics Applicant Thread

11 hours ago, confusedbear said:

Do schools typically ask for fall grades if you take real analysis? Ended up with a B+ and kinda hoping that they won't...

Typically, they do not ask for grades. It is possible that they conditionally admit you based on a minimum grade. I expect a B+ would be sufficient if they ask.

I think there's only the global health one that accepted applications through SOPHAS. I'm not sure about the Sackler one...

@sassy2020 I don't see any results for NYU on the results section. Are you getting updates from a different source?

Edited by kingduck

@dandychiggins I did see a few NYU Sackler and NYU medicine results - but for quant bio and some biorelated fields, but not biostats. They were notified on 12/21.

I do need to get off this site for the next few months lest I go insane. Best of luck to your applications.

1 hour ago, kingduck said:

@dandychiggins I did see a few NYU Sackler and NYU medicine results - but for quant bio and some biorelated fields, but not biostats. They were notified on 12/21.

I do need to get off this site for the next few months lest I go insane. Best of luck to your applications.

yo boy getting insane as well. need to get off this but cant help myself. hope this ends pretty soon?

@AngelaBiostats i think some places have rolling interviews. take this from the nyu comments 

"We have begun sending invitations to interview and will continue to do so until the end of February. I hope that helps! We try to interview applicants with applicants of similar interest" so its probably department specific. 

@frequentist here i am back already. gonna get blacklist this website on my firewall lol

24 minutes ago, kingduck said:

@AngelaBiostats i think some places have rolling interviews. take this from the nyu comments 

"We have begun sending invitations to interview and will continue to do so until the end of February. I hope that helps! We try to interview applicants with applicants of similar interest" so its probably department specific. 

@frequentist here i am back already. gonna get blacklist this website on my firewall lol

this process has started my intellectual downfall. gotta doubt if I can go through my Ph. D.

18 hours ago, dandychiggins said:

I applied to Sackler, not the one in SOPHAS, so I was just wondering which one has given out invites since I haven't received anything from them yet!

Sackler gave out interviews, from my friend. I heard Global public health only had 2 HC this year?

52 minutes ago, dandychiggins said:

Damn, that sucks if true. I didn't see anything regarding biostatistics on the Grad Cafe results, but oh well. What is HC?

Sorry I was trying to say headcount... Just went back to check, and that person say GPH admits 7-8 PhDs per year, and ~2 are for biostats.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/23/2020 at 11:46 AM, sassy2020 said:

For those biostats programs with early deadlines, how many has already sent (PhD) interview lists? I know NYU and UPenn both sent the invitations. Anyone heard from BU yet?

Heard back from BU. It was a no ?