Fall 2021 Statistics/Biostatistics Applicant Thread

47 minutes ago, confusedbear said:

has anyone else not gotten any news yet? ? feeling a bit discouraged

Are you mostly applying to statistics programs? Biostat programs get back early but often statistics admissions really start going out now at the earliest and til the end of February is really the peak period.  

14 minutes ago, bayessays said:

Are you mostly applying to statistics programs? Biostat programs get back early but often statistics admissions really start going out now at the earliest and til the end of February is really the peak period.  

Yeah, statistics programs only. Is it just me or it's taking longer this year than in the past..? :(:(:( 

1 minute ago, confusedbear said:

Yeah, statistics programs only. Is it just me or it's taking longer this year than in the past..? :(:(:( 

It seems like some schools (UW, Berkeley, Stanford) are ahead of schedule while others (Duke, etc.) are running behind. Correct me if I'm wrong?

1 minute ago, mangobear said:

It seems like some schools (UW, Berkeley, Stanford) are ahead of schedule while others (Duke, etc.) are running behind. Correct me if I'm wrong?

Yeah, I guess that's true. I was thinking of NC State as well, since in the past it seems like they had released even rejections by now.

1 minute ago, confusedbear said:

Yeah, I guess that's true. I was thinking of NC State as well, since in the past it seems like they had released even rejections by now.

NC State rejected me awhile back, looks like a few people got results there too. I would guess no response there now will end up WL or acceptance 

40 minutes ago, confusedbear said:

37 minutes ago, mangobear said:

Looking at results over previous years, it does seem to me that many of the programs I applied to (like TAMU and UIUC) normally would have sent out several acceptances by now. Perhaps some programs are somewhat behind schedule this year.

1 minute ago, BL4CKxP3NGU1N said:

Looking at results over previous years, it does seem to me that many of the programs I applied to (like TAMU and UIUC) normally would have sent out several acceptances by now. Perhaps some programs are somewhat behind schedule this year.

I heard from UIUC today, so I imagine some more people will hear from this school in the coming days.

On 2/5/2021 at 2:52 AM, confusedbear said:

has anyone else not gotten any news yet? ? feeling a bit discouraged

Same here. I get a mini heart attack whenever I check the survey site ? becoming less optimistic everyday.
Wonder if you're an international student?

45 minutes ago, frequentist said:

Just got an unofficial acceptance from NC State in an email from Graduate program director. Finally some relief! 

Congrats! Can you tell me brief profile? Like international vs American, when did you apply?

Anyone know if admissions decisions from Wisconsin-Madison are fully out? Saw 5 acceptance posts on this site, but I haven't heard anything from the program, wondering if I should assume rejection..

1 hour ago, Carl148 said:

Congrats! Can you tell me brief profile? Like international vs American, when did you apply?

I am an international student. 4.0 GPA, 168Q/158V, a year of real analysis including measure theory, a year of measure theoretic probability, couple of papers in pure mathematics lined up for publication, but undergrad from virtually unknown school in the US. 

6 minutes ago, frequentist said:

I am an international student. 4.0 GPA, 168Q/158V, a year of real analysis including measure theory, a year of measure theoretic probability, couple of papers in pure mathematics lined up for publication, but undergrad from virtually unknown school in the US. 

Thanks for the input. Do you remember when you applied?