2022 East Asian Studies (EAS/EALL/EALCS/EALC)

Hi All,

Hi all! I haven't seen any threads for the upcoming application cycle yet. Wanna start one so any prospective applicants can have a place to chat, ask questions, and lend moral support.

Has anyone received interview invitation?

Good luck and cheers, Chris

About me:

My research interest lies in early medieval Chinese poetry. 2 yrs experience on a research project about Computer Science. Applied to UBC, UNC Chapel Hill. 

33 minutes ago, realninja said:

Is it me or is this forum pretty dead lately, especially when it comes to EALC? I looked at threads about East Asian Studies from prior years and they had hundreds of posts by this point in the application cycle

I’m not sure… there doesn’t seem to be a good reason.

8 minutes ago, ChuubaShogun said:

I’m not sure… there doesn’t seem to be a good reason.

I was thinking perhaps people have moved over to Slack or Discord or something for the EALC applicants this year.

Do Penn, Cambridge and Princeton have interviews for EALC?

On 12/30/2021 at 4:37 PM, ChuubaShogun said:

Yes, all three do. I’ve been invited for two interviews so far. Where are you applying?

Oh cool. Do you mind to share a bit more? When did you receive the interview invitation?

12 hours ago, barbieshijie said:

ohhh I have applied to Princeton and Penn too but haven't heard anything from them...guess I was rejected (if they have finished the first round of interview?)

I haven’t heard back from Princeton either, so they might not have begun interviewing.

Thanks for creating this thread!

Has anyone applied to U of T's MA in EAS? 
I have submitted all my documents yesterday and nerve wrecking waiting started haha

just wondering if anyone knows usually when the results are rolled out!

good luck everyone??

4 hours ago, Eleanorwrite said:

Hi, thanks for creating this thread! Has anyone heard anything from EAS at Princeton regarding interviews? I saw that it started interviewing at the end of December in previous years. 

I haven’t heard back yet. It’s possible that they haven’t begun the interview process yet, but it could also be the case that we’re not on the shortlist. Hoping for the best!

16 hours ago, ChuubaShogun said:

I haven’t heard back yet. It’s possible that they haven’t begun the interview process yet, but it could also be the case that we’re not on the shortlist. Hoping for the best!

Best of luck to us all! I get pretty nervous since this month.