2022 East Asian Studies (EAS/EALL/EALCS/EALC)

Hello everyone! I applied to Cambridge this year and was interviewed by my POI on Jan 6th, haven't heard any updates after that. And I just got super anxious as Cambridge seems to release its undergrad offers recently, and so some random family friends came to ask me if I was admitted... I check the portal several times a day, but it is still under departmental review.

I saw that some of you applied to Cambridge as well, and I'd really appreciate it if you had some news to share!

Also, there is a new successful result at Gradcafe on 28th, though not sure if he/she is doing EAS or South/Middle East Asian studies.

BTW my interests are contemporary Chinese literature and popular culture : ) Anyone else?

Hello! Has anyone heard anything from Berkeley’s Asian Studies MA? Also I’m curious if it has a bad reputation or something because it doesn’t seem like many other people have applied to it (going off this forum at least..)?

On 1/30/2022 at 3:53 AM, IdoRingo said:

Hello everyone! I applied to Cambridge this year and was interviewed by my POI on Jan 6th, haven't heard any updates after that. And I just got super anxious as Cambridge seems to release its undergrad offers recently, and so some random family friends came to ask me if I was admitted... I check the portal several times a day, but it is still under departmental review.

I saw that some of you applied to Cambridge as well, and I'd really appreciate it if you had some news to share!

Also, there is a new successful result at Gradcafe on 28th, though not sure if he/she is doing EAS or South/Middle East Asian studies.

BTW my interests are contemporary Chinese literature and popular culture : ) Anyone else?

I was interviewed on January 4th. My application is currently under review by the Degree Committee, and I’ve been invited to apply for some scholarships.

8 hours ago, ChuubaShogun said:

I was interviewed on January 4th. My application is currently under review by the Degree Committee, and I’ve been invited to apply for some scholarships.

I guess it is a good indicator if they encourage you to apply for scholarships! Sadly I just received the rejection email today, but hope you to hear good news from them soon :) 

On 1/8/2022 at 10:02 AM, Pigoo said:

Thanks for creating this thread!

Has anyone applied to U of T's MA in EAS? 
I have submitted all my documents yesterday and nerve wrecking waiting started haha

just wondering if anyone knows usually when the results are rolled out!

good luck everyone??

I have applied to U of T! East Asian Studies PhD. (I wrongly calculated the time difference and submitted documents a day late... Probably won't be considered?? Haha) 

Did ask my POI and he will be able to supervise students. But I don't think I will be admitted... ?

17 minutes ago, AChinLitNerd said:

I have applied to U of T! East Asian Studies PhD. (I wrongly calculated the time difference and submitted documents a day late... Probably won't be considered?? Haha) 

Did ask my POI and he will be able to supervise students. But I don't think I will be admitted... ?

Oh if he said he can supervise students, it might be positive that your application would be considered!.. 

After I asked this question, I sent an email to the EAS office and they said the results are out the end of February-early March. But I applied for  the MA so not sure if they do the same for the PhD. 

1 hour ago, Pigoo said:

Oh if he said he can supervise students, it might be positive that your application would be considered!.. 

After I asked this question, I sent an email to the EAS office and they said the results are out the end of February-early March. But I applied for  the MA so not sure if they do the same for the PhD. 

From the past result in the forum, the result will be announced next week for PhD.

• 4 weeks later...