2022 East Asian Studies (EAS/EALL/EALCS/EALC)

10 hours ago, ChuubaShogun said:

First acceptance! Unofficial offer; Penn EALC's PhD program.

wow congrats for the admission!!

if you don't mind, could you please share any general questions you've been asked during the interview? or any reviews would be helpful. I have trouble finding information about the interview at ealc department....

13 minutes ago, chezjjs said:

if you don't mind, could you please share any general questions you've been asked during the interview? or any reviews would be helpful. I have trouble finding information about the interview at ealc department....

Of course! In general, I’ve been asked about my future research plans—the direction I see my research taking—and things like a book or other scholarly work that’s inspired me.

2 hours ago, ChuubaShogun said:

Of course! In general, I’ve been asked about my future research plans—the direction I see my research taking—and things like a book or other scholarly work that’s inspired me.

thanks! that helps a lot. 

5 hours ago, chezjjs said:

I didn't apply to Princeton, but in my other interviews I was asked:

1) future plans 2) more details about my research proposal (ie, which methodologies I would use) 3) if there are any other faculty members I would like to work with 4) they told me about funding and how things would work if I were to be admitted

22 hours ago, ChuubaShogun said:

First acceptance! Unofficial offer; Penn EALC's PhD program.

Big congratulations!

Penn was where I wanted to apply for too but they said they didn't have any plans to offer Korean related courses at the moment so I gave up. 
Hope your learning journey goes well and successful!!

1 minute ago, Pigoo said:

Big congratulations!

Penn was where I wanted to apply for too but they said they didn't have any plans to offer Korean related courses at the moment so I gave up. 
Hope your learning journey goes well and successful!!

I think they would have gotten a kick from your name Pigoo when you applied to Asian Studies programs

10 minutes ago, realninja said:

I think they would have gotten a kick from your name Pigoo when you applied to Asian Studies programs

Hahahahaahaahah 

That's my nickname from Pig in a funnier way. It would have been so funny if my real name was Pigoo and I applied for Asian Studies with that name ??

Edited by Pigoo

15 hours ago, realninja said:

I didn't apply to Princeton, but in my other interviews I was asked:

1) future plans 2) more details about my research proposal (ie, which methodologies I would use) 3) if there are any other faculty members I would like to work with 4) they told me about funding and how things would work if I were to be admitted

thanks! I saw that you've applied to Chicago and Harvard, were the interviews from those schools? If so, I guess I am rejected...haha 

10 hours ago, chezjjs said:

thanks! I saw that you've applied to Chicago and Harvard, were the interviews from those schools? If so, I guess I am rejected...haha 

No, not from those two. Both of those have historically admitted students without interviews by the way so don't worry too much about it (in fact that seems to be the norm at Harvard)

Thanks for creating this thread! My major is middle-period China literature and history. Up till now I only received an interview from UCLA. Have anyone got interviews from other schools, like Columbia or Berkeley? Very anxious now.