First 5-10 questions in each GRE section...

Strangefox

I know -- I heard the same. But life does not always cooperate. I asked because I had the wonderful experience of getting to the last question on my GRE Q section this past weekend and realizing I did not have enough time to finish it. First reaction WAS to freeze, before my brain came back to life and tried to get my hand to click ANYTHING. Not quick enough, however, so last question went unanswered -- final score on Q = 770. So, I guess the penalty wasn't horrible.

Hmmmm .... that's interesting. My guess is because it was only one question, the penalty wasn't so bad.

I'll run the experiment of leaving the last five and last ten questions unanswered, and see what happens.

Hmmmm .... that's interesting. My guess is because it was only one question, the penalty wasn't so bad.

I'll run the experiment of leaving the last five and last ten questions unanswered, and see what happens.

This is a tedious exercise, and I only have one lunchbreak.

So ... I took the quantitative POWERPREP again, and left the last 10 questions unanswered, while answering the first 18 correctly. Score: 590, barely above median, even though questions from about 8 onward were "challenging" type questions.

And, upon reflection, that seems fair .... I would think that even a college graduate who always struggled with math ought to be able to answer 18 questions correctly in 45 minutes .... by using sheer brute force methods for the quasi-statistical and quasi-probability questions for example ... but that's just my wild-ass guess (WAG) as we call it here where I work.

Best to all,

John

This is a tedious exercise, and I only have one lunchbreak.

So ... I took the quantitative POWERPREP again, and left the last 10 questions unanswered, while answering the first 18 correctly. Score: 590, barely above median, even though questions from about 8 onward were "challenging" type questions.

And, upon reflection, that seems fair .... I would think that even a college graduate who always struggled with math ought to be able to answer 18 questions correctly in 45 minutes .... by using sheer brute force methods for the quasi-statistical and quasi-probability questions for example ... but that's just my wild-ass guess (WAG) as we call it here where I work.

Best to all,

John

Thank you! I will definetely try to answer all the questions - even if I have one minute for the last 10 left!

[WAG - I like that! :) ]