The 2021-2022 PhD application Thread for Public administration/affairs/management/policy

Tiago Chan

1 minute ago, Newhope1212 said:

Great! Are you going to accept it? 

I will have a talk with one professor at NC State tonight to have a better understanding of the program. I will make a decision those two days.

I am not very sure at present. Final decision will be made after the talk.

15 minutes ago, NPO-June said:

I will have a talk with one professor at NC State tonight to have a better understanding of the program. I will make a decision those two days.

I am not very sure at present. Final decision will be made after the talk.

Congrats! Seems a good choice for you

I will accept the offer from Indiana Bloomington (public affairs). Please message me if you are also planning to study at IUB SPEA. We can exchange information about our future Ph.D. studies!! 

Also, I will decline the offer from ASU, Albany, FSU, and Rutgers, hoping this can help people on the waitlist. 

• 3 weeks later...

I am international and I have just applied for a Phd in public policy and political economy in UT Dallas (application complete for dept review on 18 march) as I took the GRE so late (end of Feb) for the GRE requirement.

Do you guys know how long it should take for a decision to be released in the case of UT Dallas? Is there supposed to be an interview or if I wait too long without any email about interview - I should expect rejection...?

Any others who also apply for this Phd program, do you have any updates?

• 2 weeks later...

On 2/2/2022 at 9:50 PM, bbrwin said:

Hi all, long time lurker, first time poster. 

Like the poster ove, the majority of my programs I applied to were in public health schools but I did apply to the Duke and University of Chicago public policy PhD programs.  No word from either yet. This seems to be the norm for Chicago as they dont hold interviews, but the silence from Duke likely means I haven't been moved forward in the process. 

I'm also a current student in the MPP program at GWU.  I have great relationships with quite a few of the program directors as well as some of the students in the newest PhD cohort and I'm happy to talk Trachtenberg with anyone who may have applied to the public policy PhD program at GWU. 

I got into their PhD. Any insight into strengths of the program or weaknesses? Any major red flags?