Fall 22: Berkeley Jurisprudence and Social Policy (JSP)

Anton1996

There doesn't seem to be a thread on the JSP for Fall 2022, so I thought I'd get us going! 

I've applied to the Law and Political Theory/Philosophy field. When do you think we should hear back? Usually decisions seem to come out around the first/second week of Feb. Fingers-crossed we hear soon!

1 hour ago, Anton1996 said:

Great to have others on this thread! Hope we hear good news soon. @pbspoonyes, it does look like we have similar interests!! I've applied to almost the same schools, and also got interviewed at Duke. Haven't heard back from them though, so I'm fearing the worst ? 

This may be (very) wishful thinking, but I'm wondering if Duke's theory decisions are coming later. None of the people posting results was a theorist, and last year Duke seems to have released acceptances in two waves: one round on 1/30 and one on 2/8. I also remember that one of the other applicants mentioned interviewing on 1/14, which was substantially earlier than the theory interviews. So I'm really hoping they just haven't released theory results yet! ?? for both of us!

Yeah my portal looks the same as well. I wonder how they are communicating the results, and whether or not the weekend plays a role in the communication. 

I feel so nervous haha

Edit1: I also think that was for poli sci PHD, but it is weird that they also put JSP in there. I wonder whats up. 

Edited by a...
More info

8 hours ago, pbspoon said:

Just saw an admittance on the results page. Was that you, @Anton1996? If so, congrats! How did you hear? I haven't heard anything yet, and my portal looks the same.

Nope, that's not me. It seems they were notified by phone, on Friday. I really hope they're sending out more acceptances on Monday! 

I have a little hope since no one on this thread seems to have heard...on the other hand, in past years there have been only one or two acceptances posted on the Results page, so maybe one this year is it. I'm assuming a rejection and will be happily surprised if it ends up going another way!

Has anyone else's application portal get updated? Like, the actual layout and appearance of the application status page? 

Kinda odd timing in my opinion to update the website aesthetics. Definitely threw me off after refreshing the same web page non- stop.

Edited by SunFlower_

On 2/11/2022 at 3:17 PM, SunFlower_ said:

Has anyone else's application portal get updated? Like, the actual layout and appearance of the application status page? 

Kinda odd timing in my opinion to update the website aesthetics. Definitely threw me off after refreshing the same web page non- stop.

Yep, mine too. It's much prettier now, but still no decision--agree that the timing is weird!

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, a... said:

Has anyone heard anything? It seems like they haven't even sent out rejections :( Maybe unofficially waitlisted? 

No, I haven't heard anything, unfortunately. I'm assuming it is an unofficial waitlist situation.

I wonder when the deadline to accept the offer for admitted students is because we might hear something then.