Where did you decide to go?

Congrats, Starter. As for me, I'm about 70% on Texas. IU has some great plusses, but faculty fit seems a little better at UT (for me), and all other things seem roughly equal. It's a tough call, but I'll likely be calling Austin home, as well.

Berkeley, for comparative/methods/behavior.

this decision (which came down to a few last-minute negotiations) was far more stressful and emotional than I ever expected. I'm both excited to get started and disappointed that I had to turn down other programs I really did like and want to attend.

I'm both excited to get started and disappointed that I had to turn down other programs I really did like and want to attend.

I totally agree!! One stress after another! Ah, the life.

Good luck for your first year everyone!

I'm going to UCSD in American politics, studying political behavior. Since they don't offer methods as a subfield, I'll probably do comparative politics as well. Good luck to everyone on the board!

Did they just cut it? I could have sworn the DGS told me they did have it.

For me, it came down to Berkeley or Michigan in the final week. Although Michigan was clearly the better department for me (and they were willing to match my funding offer from Berkeley), I concluded that quality of life is equally important as academic fit. Consequentially, I chose Berkeley.

It came down to the wire, I wrote out an acceptance email for Michigan and was within "send" away from going there! This was a very difficult decision; I really wanted to go to Ann Arbor as I adored the department and I found a great adviser. But I knew that, for a variety of personal reasons (family, a significant other and my love of the Bay) I'd be happier at Berkeley. As I see it, this is the only time in my academic career where I'll have the option of choosing where I want to live.

Best of luck everyone and congratulations to all!

Did they just cut it? I could have sworn the DGS told me they did have it.

What they told me at the open house was that they offer enough methodology courses that everyone can qualify for a methods subfield; they just don't offer it outright.

• 2 weeks later...

Ladies and Gentlemen, or just anyone still around ... I give you: Quarex's Choice.

The University of Delaware!

Uninteresting addendum: The final count was 8 admissions out of 27 applications. Turned down North Texas, Kansas, Connecticut, Rutgers Global Affairs, Illinois State, Arizona State, and George Mason Public Policy (in roughly that order of almost-acceptitude; I actually had my George Mason acceptance filled out and was ready to fax my deposit notification on the 25th when I finally heard from Delaware).

I officially accepted the lowest-ranked offer in my list. Oh, all the reasons I have! I will get back to you in five years to let you know if Realist was correct.