LPC (or masters in counseling) after MSW/LSW ? Help with direction

Neep

(I posted this in the social work forum as well because I wasn’t quite sure where to place this) 

I am finishing up my MSW from West Virginia University. Though I love the program I ultimately feel that I would really like to do school counseling- which sadly my MSW does not qualify me for. I love social work and I’ve had two fantastic field placements. I’m currently in a counseling setting, which is run by clinically licensed social workers. They are fabulous and I have learned a great deal, however I feel that my education has lacking in terms of the actual therapeutic background specific to a counseling setting, more specifically to school counseling. (I cannot afford, nor qualify, for funding to become a certified school social worker) so I have applied to MA in Counseling at Edinboro- which I interview for next week. 

part of me wants to start working and make money - which I intend to do either way. I also intend to sit for my LSW exam soon. I am conflicted on if I should pursue a second masters degree or drop the idea altogether or attend a doctoral program (online) in a year or two. (I graduated with my bachelors in 2009, so I’ve worked quite a bit in my field so it’s not like I don’t know what I’m into lol) 

I would love any insight. A lot of why I want to go back for counseling is to also obtain the therapeutic skills that I feel my MSW lacked (even though the programs is wonderful and is CSWE accredited). 

im just unsure if it’s worth it or not. As well as the question of how do I keep my LSW status (once obtained) but also work towards LPC status? Is that even possible? Is an LSW with an LPC marketable? Is this even beneficial? Advice would be appreciated:) 

Honestly, you're better off just getting post-graduate training and supervision. I'm in a psychology doctoral program, and my department has a mental health counseling masters program as well. I honestly do not know how a 2 year degree prepares anyone for clincial training. It is such a short amount of time, and the clinical supervision is what really helps in growing your clinical skills. That's also why, whether it's an MSW or LPC, you are required to get a certain number of supervised clinical hours after graduating before you can practice independently. Focus on getting that supervised training. There is no need to pay for yet another degree that may or may not make you feel any more prepared.