UC Berkeley Graduate School of Journalism 2022 COVID delay?

kate789

5 minutes ago, Mackmack said:

You should go with Columbia at this point. I'm in the same boat. Berkeley has also diluted their applicant pool with the extended deadline. No hard feelings to the later applicants but it's definitely not great news for earlier applicants in terms of scholarship and admission chances. 

Don't risk your scholarship applications! This whole mess has been hugely unprofessional on Berkeley's part

I have been considering columbia too but as an international student the duration of the course and high tuition fees for a non stem course feels like a risky move

Anybody have some fun ideas of how to distract yourself from this? Feels like it was going so well until “early March” began and now it’s just like this omnipresent anxiety. Wondering how many spam calls this group has collectively answered over the course of the past two weeks. Anywhoooo plz feel free to share your fun and distracting activities! Here are a few of mine: being active in some way; listening to the Normal Gossip podcast; gathering with people to prevent myself from anxiously checking my email & this forum lol. Share your ideas!

Honestly just finding this forum and knowing I'm not alone has been really helpful. I've been trying to block out time to read to keep my eye off my phone. I've also tried to convince myself that being interviewed itself is a huge honor.

Regardless of what happens today or next week, I really hope to see all of us doing great journalism. 

Yeah, i think i just really need a win after the last couple of years. And i think we all pay too much attention to what institutions think of us anyway. In all likelihood, it's the not knowing that really makes it sting. 

But I haven't been doing a good job of distracting myself, scholarship deadlines are looming and i'm up at 2:00 am filling them up. Otherwise I tend to daydream, so i don't really have the best insight. 

33 minutes ago, Tes12 said:

Damn, I wonder if they will be contacting international students on call too. Congratulations though!! Very happy for you!

Worst case scenario, if you miss a call they will send the info to you in other ways. I was told we will be getting the official letter this week. 

2 hours ago, GerryG7 said:

When did you guys interview? I had my interview on the 22nd of February. What are the chances or what is the percentage that those who interviewed get accepted? 

I interviewed March 16. Unfortunately, I'm not sure what the percentage is for those who are accepted after interviewing. 

51 minutes ago, pinki said:

International students, any news? Feeling so frustrated ???

Nope ? It's getting extremely frustrating for me to, my anxiety has increased like ten folds lol. I had emailed them in the beginning of month and they had responded that they will be releasing the decisions mid march. I have been refraining from mailing them again but I am thinking if they don't release it tonight I might as well. Atleast they could have updated us on the possible dates..

Anyone have any info on rejections? Or waitlists? I still haven’t heard a word and am wondering if they’re still calling people or if anyone has gotten rejected yet and what format those typically come in (mail, email?). Would rather just know! It’s been a long wait and it sucks for them to make us wait longer if we are just going to get rejected 

21 minutes ago, GradSchool2222 said:

Anyone have any info on rejections? Or waitlists? I still haven’t heard a word and am wondering if they’re still calling people or if anyone has gotten rejected yet and what format those typically come in (mail, email?). Would rather just know! It’s been a long wait and it sucks for them to make us wait longer if we are just going to get rejected 

International student here, just got an email saying I have been rejected...SAD

Does anyone know when we will be getting the official letter? I heard it was sometime next week, so I'm assuming Monday, but perhaps they could be sending them out tomorrow because someone mentioned we'll be getting them at the end of this week?

Edited by ham4hamm