CSUF MSW Fall 2022

michaelraymond

Oh dang! That is super early and I am surprised you haven't heard anything yet. 

I hope everyone hears back soon. Just want to drop my stats in here, I'd love to hear what your stats are but no pressure if you don't feel comfortable.

Experience: 3.5 years case management/drug and alcohol counseling

GPA: 3.61 

20 hours ago, Hope2022 said:

Hello Everyone,

I applied in the end of October. I haven't heard anything yet...anxious

29 minutes ago, michaelraymond said:

I hope everyone hears back soon. Just want to drop my stats in here, I'd love to hear what your stats are but no pressure if you don't feel comfortable.

No I don't mind. 9 years working in social services and GPA: 3.49 which is low. I also applied to UCLA and luckily they only wanted the upper division GPA. They didn't even want transcripts from community colleges which was nice because that GPA is 3.81. CSUF doesn't have priority admission so they don't start the review process until after the application deadline.

22 hours ago, michaelraymond said:

From what I have read about, 3.49 GPA is pretty competitive, especially with 9 years of experience. I hear UCLA's program is amazing. Best of luck to you!

I heard a 3.49 is the average, so I think your GPA shouldn’t be a

22 hours ago, michaelraymond said:

I applied pretty late in the game. I believe I applied two weeks before the deadline, oops! My recommender took forever to submit their letter of rec. 

i’ll share my stats too:

I have about a combined 2/3 years of work and volunteer experience. 

GPA for last 60-90 units: 4.0

Cum GPA: 3.2 ? my second year of college was an intense one due to some pretty intense stuff. I really hope it doesn’t affect me too much since I’ve done well every other year. 

I think it really depends on your overall application though. Last year, one of my friends got in with a 3.3 and the other one was rejected with a 3.9 even though she applied early. 

On 2/24/2022 at 2:44 PM, michaelraymond said:

From what I have read about, 3.49 GPA is pretty competitive, especially with 9 years of experience. I hear UCLA's program is amazing. Best of luck to you!

You're kind. So I just received an email from CSUF asking me to schedule an interview. The earliest date was 3/15/2022. If you don't mind me asking what is your 1st choice.

20 hours ago, Hope2022 said:

1st choice of schools?

I got an invitation as well! I chose March 12th in the morning. I work 9-5 Mon-Fri so I thought it best for the weekend.

My first choice is Cal State Long Beach, I haven't heard anything back from them yet though so I dunno! I only applied to CSUF and CSULB. I was thinking about applying to APU but I wasn't thrilled about the drive out to APU and the private school tuition lol

17 hours ago, Bonicuach said:

Seems like some of us who applied got an email today to schedule an interview! Any of y’all over thinking what day you should choose like me? ?

Totally! I didn't want to pick too late in the cycle because I was nervous that they would be over the interviews at that point lol

2 hours ago, michaelraymond said:

Totally! I didn't want to pick too late in the cycle because I was nervous that they would be over the interviews at that point lol

My exact thinking! But I also didn’t want to go first lol I’m sure you’ll do great. Do you have your undergrad in BSW?

14 minutes ago, Bonicuach said:

My exact thinking! But I also didn’t want to go first lol I’m sure you’ll do great. Do you have your undergrad in BSW?

Kinda! I did my undergrad at CSUF in Human Services, they don’t have a BSW. The HUSR major is a social work type education. Did you do your BSW? The accelerated MSW would save so much time and money haha

18 minutes ago, michaelraymond said:

Kinda! I did my undergrad at CSUF in Human Services, they don’t have a BSW. The HUSR major is a social work type education. Did you do your BSW? The accelerated MSW would save so much time and money haha

Oh okay I see! When did you graduate?

no, I did mine ins criminal justice. A social science but not BSW lol. & agreed it would’ve been nice to save that money !

18 hours ago, michaelraymond said:

I got an invitation as well! I chose March 12th in the morning. I work 9-5 Mon-Fri so I thought it best for the weekend.

My first choice is Cal State Long Beach, I haven't heard anything back from them yet though so I dunno! I only applied to CSUF and CSULB. I was thinking about applying to APU but I wasn't thrilled about the drive out to APU and the private school tuition lol

That's awesome. Sending you good vibes that you get into Long Beach. That's an excellent school. It's up there with UCLA and Berkley. Yes I know what you mean. I saw that APU tuition and almost fell out lol. So did you apply to the part-time programs?

11 hours ago, shebla said:

Hello. I just received an interview invitation last Friday. I chose March 10 :) any ideas about the questions to be asked and how the interview plays out considering they will be interviewing a group of applicants per zoom session? 

Have no idea ?. If I find out I’ll reach out here again.