PhotoMFAer

HELLO TO ALL THE UCLA PHOTO MFA HOPEFULS!

So I've been finding it really difficult to find info on UCLA Photo MFA applications for 2022 so I decided to make this!

If you applied to UCLA Photo MFA for 2022 gather here so we can be resourceful to each other!

Application Decisions/Responses - Have you heard back? (acceptance, rejection, interview....anything???)

Interviews - For those who interviewed, when and how was it? what questions were asked? how long? how many interviewers??? etc.

What are your other options?

Is UCLA your first choice?

LETS TALK!

Hey Y'all, 

I applied to mostly schools in California because thats where I want to be. The schools I applied to were CCA, ArtCenter, CalArts, UCLA, Otis, and Columbia for mostly Photo (and studio where applicable - I think just ArtCentre) 

I have interviewed for CCA, ArtCentre, CalArts and Columbia (All interview went well)

Unofficial acceptance from CCA

I haven't heard back from UCLA and Otis

I have been searching, Is there anyone who applied to UCLA Photo that has heard back! Starting to get worried ?

Hi, I applied to UCLA photo and have not heard anything back either. At this point I'm assuming rejection . When I first considered applying to MFA programs UCLA was my top choice, but now I'm not sure. A professor at another program that I talked to had some pretty negative things to say about UCLA's program. Apparently the professors at UCLA don't have much time for students and the other students in the cohort aren't willing to critique each other's work. Take this with a grain of salt, but I see no reason for that professor to lie to me.  

The other schools I applied to are:

MassArt-Interview

U of Arizona-Accepted 

UW Seattle-Interview 

Yale-Rejected

Update! I emailed inquiring about this and all they said was "notifications are sent out mid-march", so not much lol. Seen more photo people on the mfa 2022 freakout forum say that they haven't heard back. At this point, kinda just disappointed. 

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't heard back from UCLA Photo until this point :/. From what I know will be probably find out about the fate of our applications as early as next week or by the end of March. I hope they don't pull we decided not to accept anyone in Photo this year BS.

Edited by CactusWren22