Georgetown MSFS - Fall 2022

I applied in February and was told it could be 6-10 weeks after date of submission for those who did not apply by 15 Jan.

ive already heard back from other schools earlier than expected. Nothing from SIPA, SAIS or Fletcher though.

how much do they value work experience and time abroad? Will military & special operations help one stand out? 

5 minutes ago, gtw9812 said:

I just received an email from the MSFS program that decisions are coming out the week of March 21 for those who applied by the Jan 15 priority deadline. For applications who submitted after Jan 15, decision will be sent in 6-10 weeks.

Wow that's really late compared to previous years. Thanks a lot for sharing the info.

50 minutes ago, gtw9812 said:

I just received an email from the MSFS program that decisions are coming out the week of March 21 for those who applied by the Jan 15 priority deadline. For applications who submitted after Jan 15, decision will be sent in 6-10 weeks.

@gtw9812I didn't get that email - did you email them / call them and ask about the release? Thanks :) 

1 hour ago, gtw9812 said:

oh i didnt get an email from them, thanks for sharing though

i applied by the jan 15th deadline myself, but damn that is p late

16 minutes ago, Lululemons said:

I also applied to the McHenry fellowship. Did they interview you? I have heard nothing so I am suspicious. 

Nope. I don't even recall getting an official submission email. It was just on Google Forms. I am assuming it is a super competitive program, but yea also getting very suspicious as well :(

No idea; I thought it was just me that wasn't hearing. A little reassured nobody has heard either. Sucks that all of the other thematic programs (Asian Studies, SSP, etc.) have already been informed. Of course we are the last.....Good luck to all!!!

On 3/11/2022 at 3:03 AM, gtw9812 said:

Hope "the week of March 21" just means March 21!!

I was speaking with the STIA concentration chair a few weeks ago. She said traditionally, admissions decisions are sent the week after oral exams. Oral exams were last week, so we should hear no later than Friday. However, she’s not admissions staff so she couldn’t be for sure. 

I’m getting incredibly impatient, so I sent this email this morning asking them to confirm if we can expect to hear back this week. I’ve already been admitted to SSP, GW’s SPS, and TAMU MIA, and some of those enrollment deadlines are rapidly approaching. 

They responded already. For those that met the priority deadline, we will hear back this week. 

Fall 2022 application decisions for those who applied by the January 15, 2022 priority deadline will be sent out this week. Notifications should be sent out soon. 
For applicants who submitted their application after the priority deadline, notifications will be sent 6-10 weeks after submission.
Fall 2022 application decisions for those who applied by the January 15, 2022 priority deadline will be sent out this week. Notifications should be sent out soon. 
For applicants who submitted their application after the priority deadline, notifications will be sent 6-10 weeks after submission.

3 minutes ago, MJSully said:

They responded already. For those that met the priority deadline, we will hear back this week. 

Thank you for sharing. Finger crossed it will be sent out in the coming days.