MFA Directing experience?

directeur

I'm planning on applying to MFA Directing programs this year for the Fall 2011 semester. There seems to be a wide range when it comes to how much experience a school expects their students to have. I have a BA in theatre, I've interned with 2 professional companies, and I've directed for community theatres. Is this enough to get into most schools? I don't have any "professional" directing experience, unless assistant directing counts. How much experience did you have and what schools were you accepted to? Any help here is much appreciated!!

• 5 months later...

it all counts. One of my current classmates just graduated from undergrad. We're all at different levels of experience. It depends on if you feel you're ready for grad school and you have something to offer them. I personally did most of my professional work as an assistant director and had a lot of semi and community experience. I got in.