Best places for PhD in phenomenology + phil of mind?

_blip_

Hi everyone,
First things first: big thanks to everyone on this website, the amount of info you've gathered here is astounding. I really wish I'd found out about this forum months ago.
Here's my situation. This was my first (and probably last) time applying to PhD programs, and I only sent out a couple of applications. Now I'm waitlisted at my top choice, and I got accepted at another university I'm not 100% sure about. Looking back, however, I have to admit that I made some questionable choices while deciding where to apply. I didn't think I had much of a chance of getting in anywhere, so I deliberately left out at least a couple of interesting programs, and I also didn't do much research about other departments.
Now, it's unlikely that I'll get in at my #1 choice, and I'm still considering what to do with the offer I received. So here's the hypothetical question: 

suppose I were to do this all again. Which departments would you recommend to someone interested in working at the intersection of phenomenology and philosophy of mind?

Edited by Shrimp

On 3/12/2022 at 10:12 PM, hogsfrombeyond said:

Memphis

Hi! Thanks for the reply. I've seen Memphis mentioned both by the SPEP and in the Pluralist's Guide to Philosophy. On the other hand, it doesn't appear in the PGR and seems to sit pretty low in QS rankings (151-200). Anybody here have more info on the department and its reputation?

Maybe it is heuristic to see PGR's ranking on Phil of Mind and check whether they are shown in SPEP or The Pluralist Guide.

After narrowing the scope of departments, check faculties of them and see if they meet your expectation.

On 3/16/2022 at 9:04 PM, SkepticFutile said:

Maybe it is heuristic to see PGR's ranking on Phil of Mind and check whether they are shown in SPEP or The Pluralist Guide.

After narrowing the scope of departments, check faculties of them and see if they meet your expectation.

17 hours ago, you'll_never_get_to_heaven said:

Check out the California Phenomenology Circle. Might be able to get some pointers that way.

Those are both good hints, thanks a lot for the replies! :)