GRE's

henry123

Trying to decide whether to take them again...

620V

740Q

??AW

I'm apply to a handful of first and second tier places....is it worth it to take them again??

PhD. I am finishing a Masters now.

I would definitely re-take them again, trying to get above 700 on your Verbal. You don't want to be discounted at any programs because of your GRE score.

• 5 weeks later...

I'd also like a GRE opinion if possible. I'm applying for an M.A. at Boston University, Vanderbilt, University of Indiana, UNC, and a few others. I've only taken the test once so far, but have signed up for another test at the end of the month. When I found out my score, I was only disappointed in my analysis section. That being said, I'm not sure how much studying would improve it. My undergrad GPA was a 3.4, I was very involved in extracurriculars, and I am currently auditing a graduate level methods and theories course.

V: 620

Q: 700

A: 4.5

Any suggestions/opinions would be very appreciated. I've started stressing over applying.

Edited by fsm

On 9/2/2010 at 1:55 AM, fsm said:

I'd also like a GRE opinion if possible. I'm applying for an M.A. at Boston University, Vanderbilt, University of Indiana, UNC, and a few others. I've only taken the test once so far, but have signed up for another test at the end of the month. When I found out my score, I was only disappointed in my analysis section. That being said, I'm not sure how much studying would improve it. My undergrad GPA was a 3.4, I was very involved in extracurriculars, and I am currently auditing a graduate level methods and theories course.

V: 620

Q: 700

A: 4.5

Any suggestions/opinions would be very appreciated. I've started stressing over applying.

Your scores are similar to mine and I got into some comparable schools. I didn't think some of those schools required the GRE? I don't remember Vandy needing it.