PhD/DrPH (Public Health) Fall 2023

sheisgreat

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone! This forum has been SO useful for me during my PhD process, so although I am late, I wanted to contribute my final results. I got off my waitlists in mid-April and mid-May - so for future applicants, don't give up if you have been waitlisted! It was definitely stressful waiting to hear back for so long, but the programs were literally moving mountains to get me the best possible funding that they could, so the wait was well worth it. 

Accepted without waitlist: 

OHSU/PSU - Community Health (2 years tuition waiver only) - mid-March

Accepted off of the waitlist: 

UW - Health Services (2 years tuition/fees/insurance waivers and GRA position, small recruitment award) - Interviewed mid-January, waitlisted mid-February, accepted mid-May 

UNC - Health Behavior (2 years tuition/fees/insurance waiver and GRA position) - interviewed late-January, waitlisted early-march, accepted mid-April

Rejected: 

Brown - Behavior and Social Health Sciences (No interview) - mid-March

GW - Social and Behavior Sciences (No interview) - mid-March 

Harvard - Population Health (No interview) - mid-February 

Hopkins - Social and Behavioral Sciences (No interview) - early-April 

UCLA - Community Health Sciences (No interview, rejected only after e-mailing) - mid-April

Edited by BraveMango

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/22/2023 at 4:02 PM, publichealth312 said:

Curious if anyone else applied to either East Carolina’s DrPH or Georgia Southern’s DrPH? 

I applied to Georgia Southern's DrPH program in Public Health Leadership and received a decision on May 23. Did you?

• 7 months later...

How long did it take you to hear back from Georgia Southern after applying? Did you apply early or around the deadline? Was the waiting process quite or indicate when decision would be sent out?