PhD/DrPH (Public Health) Fall 2023

sheisgreat

4 hours ago, ccyri95 said:

got into JHU epi PhD from waitlist. It's hard to decide, since the mentor in USC is really impressive. Would that be too much to reject JHU because my view of the mentor?

Congrats! Do you have any tips or advice to offer as one of my top choices waitlisted me, and I also have no other offers at this point. So crossing my fingers that things pan outĀ šŸ˜…

5 hours ago, ccyri95 said:

got into JHU epi PhD from waitlist. It's hard to decide, since the mentor in USC is really impressive. Would that be too much to reject JHU because my view of the mentor?

Congrats on getting the epi phd offer from JHU! Mind sharing when did you received the offer from USC? I haven't heard back since 2/13 and starting to get a little anxious if it's a rejectionšŸ˜…

8 hours ago, EpiNYC said:

Congrats! Do you have any tips or advice to offer as one of my top choices waitlisted me, and I also have no other offers at this point. So crossing my fingers that things pan outĀ šŸ˜…

Sorry to hear that, actually I did not do anything, just waiting. But I think it won't harm to reach out to the program and specifyĀ  your interest.Ā 

7 hours ago, PHJuno said:

Congrats on getting the epi phd offer from JHU! Mind sharing when did you received the offer from USC? I haven't heard back since 2/13 and starting to get a little anxious if it's a rejectionšŸ˜…

I think the official admission is delivered this week. But different labs and tracks would have different timeline.Ā 

Is anyone still waiting on JHU International Health PhD? I applied to the health systems track and was interviewed in early Feb. I thought the interviews went great , we had so much to talk about and went over time. I havenā€™t heard anything from them ever since. Should I assume a rejection? Iā€™m starting to lose hope. I reached out to my interviewer and nothing.

On 3/24/2023 at 5:31 AM, ccyri95 said:

Ā I rejected JHU's offer. The stipend is not great and the environment is very stressful here. Do what is best for you and go where you will be happy! JHU is a soft money school so mentorship is NOT great.Ā 

On 4/1/2023 at 10:17 PM, Golden_Girl said:

I'm still on BUSPH DrPH wait list while wondering if anyone has heard back from GW DrPH.

Please let me know if you have heard back from GW. It would mean alotĀ 

Not a DrPH applicant to GW, but as an admit from another program to the school, there were a few DrPH admitted students on the webpage for admitted students

On 4/1/2023 at 7:47 PM, Golden_Girl said:

I'm still on BUSPH DrPH wait list while wondering if anyone has heard back from GW DrPH.

I was admitted to DrPH program Fall 2023 and there are a few others as well.Ā 

On 3/22/2023 at 9:25 AM, snowmo18 said:

I emailed them on Monday and asked them if they knew a better timeline. They did say they are trying to have decisions by beginning of April

I had reached out to them when I posted on here and I just got a response (I had originally gotten an out of office message) saying "the DrPH program is still reviewing applications and hoping to have all decisions out this month."

Oh boy... just going to sit here constantly refreshing my email some more.

7 hours ago, PublicHealth07 said:

I had reached out to them when I posted on here and I just got a response (I had originally gotten an out of office message) saying "the DrPH program is still reviewing applications and hoping to have all decisions out this month."

Oh boy... just going to sit here constantly refreshing my email some more.

Good luck!

On 4/1/2023 at 9:17 PM, Golden_Girl said:

Ā I am also waitlisted on BUSPH's PhD program. The email says the final final decision will go out at the latest on April 30. So torture!Ā 

1 hour ago, Atila said:

NYU or GWU

I got admission offer for DrPH program from GWU (scholarship waiting list) and NYU (50% scholarship). Which one should I go? Any advice?

do you have to accept by 4/15 or can you wait until GWU tells you if you get the scholarship?

4 hours ago, Atila said:

NYU or GWU

I got admission offer for DrPH program from GWU (scholarship waiting list) and NYU (50% scholarship). Which one should I go? Any advice?

I just declined the GWU last week, hopefully the funding would be yours (we may not at exactly the same program though, hooooope you can get it soon!). But the information I can share is that the funding for phd in GWU is 20k and if working as TA we can get another 10k. Hope this data would help you decide.

5 hours ago, MellyPlinis said:

I just declined the GWU last week, hopefully the funding would be yours (we may not at exactly the same program though, hooooope you can get it soon!). But the information I can share is that the funding for phd in GWU is 20k and if working as TA we can get another 10k. Hope this data would help you decide.

Thanks for info. I am admitted to different program so probably less hope. However lets see and best wishes for you too.

On 3/24/2023 at 10:14 PM, EpiNYC said:

What offers do you have up to now? Maybe I can give some suggestions.

On 3/24/2023 at 10:14 PM, EpiNYC said:

I have received several phd offers and have friends in many top public health schools so maybe I can provide some information. You can DM me if you need any advice.

On 4/18/2023 at 10:34 AM, fingerscrossedphd said:

For those who were waitlisted for JHU DrPH, have you heard back? Iā€™m still waiting on a response and thereā€™s no activity online.Ā 

I just heard back yesterday and I got off the waitlist!Ā  I already accepted Tulane, but I am really torn and weighing both options. I have to decide by tomorrow.

I hears back on Tuesday and was accepted to DrPH Global Health at JHU. Does anyone know how many credits we have to do for summer institute and when? They also haven't sent any info regarding orientation yet either!