Which master should I pursue for Ph.D? Methods VS International Security VS International Relations?

Hazel C

Hello. I am an international applicant from S. Korea. 

I got all rejections except one schools among 20 this cycle. 

After looking all the other applicants' experiences, I think I need a masters. (BA Iranian Studies, 3 yrs experiences in defense industry, zero research experiences) 

At this point, I only have three options. Which one will be the best choice for my Ph.D? I would like to explore my interest in the IR field, also make a good choice for my Ph.D. during Masters. 

1. MSc Social Science Research Methods(Politics) 

2. MSc International Security 

3. MSc International Relations 

Please give me a piece of advice guys. 

Thank you in advance! 

I think you should choose the one that allows/encourages you to conduct the best research possible (considering funding, coursework, RA opportunities, the possibility of writing a thesis, etc) and that puts you in touch with the best possible faculty (considering fit with your interests, having active agendas, ideally having connections in the US). My impression is that the degree itself matters less than those things, so try to investigate how the different degrees compare on all of that.