Switching to Master of Applied Maths

I am currently Master of Computer Science student at USC (University of Southern California). I will start my first semester at Fall 2010. I am considering switching to Master of Applied Maths (Discrete Maths) at beginning of Spring 2010 semester. I have Bachelor of Computer Engineering. The reason for switching is that I am not really good with computer and I think I am better at maths.

How do I know I am suitable for Master of Applied Maths?

Should I take GRE math subject test to find suitablity with maths?

Should I take math course to find suitablity with maths?

Edited by pty1196

How do I know I am suitable for Master of Applied Maths?:

I suppose you need to enjoy it. I deal with a lot of tedious algebra, a lot of programming to solve equations. Specific to applied maths, often you have to think physically about the problem, like what sort of physical mechanisms are going on, what is driving the system, what are the different scales relating to different processes going on, what do the parameters mean physically. You have to like doing all of those.

Should I take GRE math subject test to find suitablity with maths?

Personally, I wouldn't. But why not pick up a few introductory texts and read through see if you like it.

Should I take math course to find suitablity with maths?

If that is an available option, that sounds like a good idea.