History of Art - MA/PhD 2011??

koala07

Do you mean that all the results so far are phds, or that all the students they are accepting are phds? If it's the latter, that seems very odd to me.

All the results so far -- except for that one Master's.

I'm growing fond of the only program I've been accepted into so far, a) because I was accepted and B) talking to a lot of people there makes me excited. So. Whatever happens is whatever, man.

Do you think it's even worth waiting on Williams anymore?

My classmate who got in said they're pestering him via email to accept or not asap because they want to start working through their waitlist. Maybe I should just take the plunge and say yes to the Courtauld.

Thoughts?

Do you think it's even worth waiting on Williams anymore?

My classmate who got in said they're pestering him via email to accept or not asap because they want to start working through their waitlist. Maybe I should just take the plunge and say yes to the Courtauld.

Thoughts?

I'm wondering the same thing. I don't really understand the staggered notification process. Isn't that what the wait list is for?

Those who heard from BU...question for you. I applied to the MA and got an acceptance letter for the PhD. Anyone else?

That's bizarre. Did they specify that it was the post-MA PhD program, or is it the MA/PhD track?

They said post bach PhD...I am scared to ask them if they made a mistake!

Fair enough! :)

Though I'm not sure there's much of a difference between the stand-alone MA and the MA/PhD (which they seem to call the post-bachelor's PhD on the website. Even in the MA/PhD track, one still has to apply for the PhD program at the conclusion of the MA - at least, that's what I've taken from the little info on the site.

Still - much better than being downgraded!

Still no news from BU.

Oh well, probably the rej email would come next Monday :\\\

couldn't believe I only got one admit from 9 schools this year... I started to wonder should I still keep my eyes on this academic track

I'm not an AH undergrad and everybody's telling me it's not possible to switch major at this time, even I'm not expecting a funded phd

Keep your head up. BU seems to have notified PHD candidates prior to MA candidates. So over the time it took for them to notify the former, perhaps MA notifications will go out over a course of days also.

So I'm still waiting for a few schools but it's looking like the MA at the NYU-IFA might be my only option this year. I'm so grateful to have even gotten into school this year but in a lot of ways I feel really torn about the degree. I'm not sure how much of the stigma that the program was created to pay for the PhD students will linger. Not to mention actually paying for the unfunded degree while living in the city. (Does anyone know how much the degree actually costs? I looked at the link to the bursar's office and seemed a bit confusing. Feel free to PM me).

While continuing to live in NY with all it's resources and working with professors that match my interests so well would be great, i've heard a lot about the cattiness and the intense competition at IFA. Especially with there being so many students in the MA program it seems like it's so difficult to differentiate yourself. Any thoughts from people in the MA program would be great. I've talked to a few people in the PhD program, who all basically told me that paying for my MA there was ridiculous.

I'm going to attend the conference they invited us to at the end of the month and try to sit in on some classes, which will hopefully help my confusion. Any advice would be great.

Here's a pdf explaining the tuition and fees. It's clearer than the Busar thing!

http://gsas.nyu.edu/page/grad.financialaid.tuitionfees

Who else is still waiting on Michigan? I saw from the board that decisions have been made last Weds.? It seems like some people got rejections already so I don't know if no news is good news or not. Also, is there anyone out there planning on declining U Pittsburgh by any chance? I'm waitlisted and the waiting is killing me!

I got an email from BU today, with their decision attached as a password protected PDF...the only problem is I don't have a password! The email says to use the ID from the online application, but I didn't apply online, so I don't have an ID number. Of course by the time I got the email it was after 5 PM, so I have to wait until tomorrow to call them. So frustrating!

you should get the letter in the mail from bu in a couple of days at any rate. mine came about four days later.

Was it the same letter as the PDF or did it have any funding info?

Nada. UNC is killing me.

I emailed the UNC DGS last week, and got a pretty quick response - my application is on a "short waiting list for admission," and he hoped to have more news by the end of March (this week?) or early April.

If you still haven't heard from them, definitely send an email! It's getting late!

Since I saw a few of you waiting for Michigan, here is some info. I received my unofficial admit from my POI last Wednesday and official admit with funding yesterday.

The cohort for Michigan is 6 this year. People should be receiving their decisions soon--they invited about 14 to an interview/recruitment weekend (which I did not attend).