MFA 2023 Freak Out Forum

SocialKonstruct

I'm curious to know if anyone has any experience with Tyler's painting program, out of the schools I applied to it's the only one I hadn't visited or had contact with. Also, I did tour and/or interact with students/faculty/alum at PAFA, NYAA, Cornell, SAIC, and VCU this past fall if anyone has questions about those!

5 hours ago, u54rterytuuyrtrtrty said:

congrats to both  of you!!! im getting nervous! i was checking last year's thread and saw that this week is when interview notifications start coming in. Anybody with experience?

I also checked last years forum and this week seems like a big week. UCLA dropped invites this week last year, Stanford did too, University of Oregon seems to be running late because the application deadline was pushed back, and UNC is late compared to last year. Should be a lot of interview invites coming this week.  

7 hours ago, rhonda89 said:

I'm curious to know if anyone has any experience with Tyler's painting program, out of the schools I applied to it's the only one I hadn't visited or had contact with. Also, I did tour and/or interact with students/faculty/alum at PAFA, NYAA, Cornell, SAIC, and VCU this past fall if anyone has questions about those!

Also curious about Tyler painting if anyone knows/ has experience with the program! 

3 hours ago, Mrw said:

Has anyone heard from SAIC painting? I saw on their website that notification of interview invitation will be sent by late January. I haven't heard anything yet. 

SAIC just started school this week- I know they typically review applicants during the semester all together so my guess is they are probably reviewing this week or next week and you won't hear back til mid feb 

Hi All, I realized that although I've been posting about interview notifications I never actually gave my full list of schools. Definitely respond If anyone has any first hand knowledge about any of these programs, or if anyone wants any insight into places where I've already interviewed. Hopefully we all get good news in the next few days ?

UCONN

UMASS Amherst

RISD Ceramics

Rutgers

Yale Sculpture

Hunter Clay/Casting

Carnegie Mellon

UCLA Ceramics

UCIrvine

UCDavis - not hopeful because people have already had interviews

UT Austin - interview this weekend

Northwestern - interview mid Feb

ASU Ceramics - Interviewed last week

UW Madison Sculpture/Ceramics - Interviewed the week before that

14 hours ago, lysol said:

SAIC just started school this week- I know they typically review applicants during the semester all together so my guess is they are probably reviewing this week or next week and you won't hear back til mid feb 

SAIC just sent out interview invitations! (Or at least Painting did...). Does anyone know if it matters if you interview virtually or in person?

28 minutes ago, paintgal said:

SAIC just sent out interview invitations! (Or at least Painting did...). Does anyone know if it matters if you interview virtually or in person?

Hi, are you an international student? I also applied to SAIC painting as an international student but couldn't hear back yet.. 

1 hour ago, paintgal said:

Congratulations! I also got an invitation mail today. From my guess, It wouldn't hurt to interview virtually. And I'm thinking of attending a virtual interview.   

Do you happen to know when we can receive specific instructions about an interview or schedule an interview time? (I didn't get any information about that, except the interview day) And should I let them know whether I'm gonna attend or not?--I found a link for scheduling.

Edited by dawndothat

1 hour ago, paintgal said:

Congrats!! Thats awesome! I haven't heard anything yet... hopefully my invite is lost in the mail lol

1 hour ago, ArtRocks said:

hi all

I got invited to interview with Rutgers yesterday and USC Roski the day before yesterday. Haven't heard from UCLA or UCSD --  I also applied to SAIC low res & Bard and haven't heard from either of them. good luck to everyone :)

hope this helps

xo

I think UCLA will send interview invites tmrw if they aren't running late. Last year they sent invites on Thursday Feb.3 which is equivalent to Feb. 2 this year. And I also applied to UCSD, according to last years forum we should hear from them on Feb. 20th. 

But side note, does anyone know what's going on with Stanford?? Last year they sent interview invites on Jan. 31. I would expect a program that has a Dec. 1st deadline wouldn't need over 2 months to send interview invites, but maybe no one in this forum is a finalist or maybe they are just running a little late this year. 

All the people getting SAIC interviews, did you apply by the December 1st priority deadline? I didn’t get mine in until a few days before the final January 10th deadline

Also not feeling too confident about SAIC, I applied for Sculpture but then realized too late that my work would fit much more with their Fiber concentration 

Edited by Forms Without Formula

I got an interview with MICA Rhinehart and SAIC Fiber in the last week
I was accepted to Tyler in Fiber/Material Studies! (the acceptance was in my spam folder!!)

Haven't heard back from Hunter, VCU (Fiber and Sculpture), Yale (Sculpture), MassArt (3D Fine Art), or Cranbrook (but their deadline is tonight)

Edited by cornchip

5 minutes ago, Forms Without Formula said:

All the people getting SAIC interviews, did you apply by the December 1st priority deadline? I didn’t get mine in until a few days before the final January 10th deadline

Also not feeling too confident about SAIC, I applied for Sculpture but then realized too late that my work would fit much more with their Fiber concentration 

I submitted my application on January 10. 
I wouldn't worry too much yet. The email I got was an "unofficial notice" and I was told I'd get an official invite for an interview Feb. 1 or 2. Plus, each department seems to be on their own schedule. 
I wonder if the departments might communicate, like if your work is strong and obviously fits better within fiber that the sculpture department might hand off your application to fiber? This is optimistic but possible! 

16 minutes ago, Forms Without Formula said:

I did the priority deadline for SAIC but haven't heard any of the three departments I applied for yet.

Hi all, I'm international applicant and applied to

RISD

Yale

Hunter 

Columbia

SAIC

in painting and visual arts

and didn't hear back from any..(Hoping they are being late especially for the inernationals)

Just keeping my fingers crossed.

Good luck to everyone who have received interview invitation!

Anyone who's also international Fine Arts applicant??