MSW Canadian Applications Fall 2023

2 hours ago, MSWXX said:
7 hours ago, cookiecrumble said:

just got accepted into lauriers 2 year full time program!! 

Do you mind sharing when you submitted ur application, and approximate hours of experience? 🥹

Expand  

i submitted the day it was due and have about 3000 hours of experience. hope you hear back with good news soon!

1 hour ago, SamDil said:

I was wondering if anyone has heard back from Laurier's Part-time 2 year program? 

We don’t hear back until end of May! 

51 minutes ago, cookiecrumble said:

i submitted the day it was due and have about 3000 hours of experience. hope you hear back with good news soon!

Thank you so much 😊 maybe tomorrow is the day 😅😅 I’ve only seen 3-4 acceptances so far so I’m hopeful🥲🥲

Hello everyone!!

Warmest congratulations to those who got in for a fall 2023 start!!

I have always been interested in counselling psychology but I decided to apply to MSWs and I had one question.

Most of these programs require a stats course from undergrad. Has anyone gotten in with a lower stats mark? meaning lower than a 70%?

Thank you

Hi everyone!! I was wondering if anyone is still waiting for their admission from Laurier’s MSW fall 2023? I know they’re supposed to send out all decisions by this week, just sucks that I’m still waiting, while a lot of people already received theirs 😅😅 do you guys think I should call/ reach out or just wait out the next 2 days? 

Hi everyone, I have received my acceptance letter for MSW at Wilfred Laurier. Ironically they made a mistake of emailing me an acceptance letter for part-time program when they meant it for full time. Although, I did apply for both, so I asked if they could just keep the online admission. No reply from admission committee yet about this! 

If they allow it, I will be accepting my offer for online program. So to those waitlisted, keep an eye out!!

To those applying / reapplying next year: 

- My grade was 77% in my last 2 years of studies, I did a double honours major in Sociology and Child and Youth Studies. I also completed a Certificate of diploma as a Child and Youth Advocate during my undergraduate study @ Kings Uni (UWO affiliate). 

- i graduated last year and I have around 2800 hours combined of work and volunteer experiences.

- My intent to register letter was strictly focused on personal experience and strayed away from how I would benefit from MSW, but instead how I would make a difference in people’s lives. Similarly, my social issue article included current social work practices tackling the growing issue of youth homelessness - although I did add my own twist of approach as a “social worker”. 

Hope this was somewhat helpful :) 

31 minutes ago, maddsxoo said:

Hello :) 

Has anyone that has been waitlisted for University of Toronto's full time MSW stream heard anything back? Or if anyone knows the timeline of when waitlisted individuals will hear anything?

Anxiously awaiting. 

For regular track or advanced?