MSW Canadian Applications Fall 2023

Update for people on the wait list at Western: I was in touch with the admissions coordinator today and she said that all waitlist offers have been sent out. Both streams are full for the fall, and remaining waitlist people will only be notified if someone changes their mind between now and end of august 

I'm also waiting on a decision from Laurier about the non-BSW online part-time MSW program starting this fall. The wait has been so painful... May came and went and then I got an update from admissions that decisions would be out "at the start of June", so evvvvery day I'm hoping it will be the day, but still nothing. It better be this week or we will be into mid-June and this has already been so stressful, I can't take any more delays!! Lol. 

17 hours ago, bigplanss said:

Has anyone been accepted from the waitlist for Laurier's full-time regular track MSW?

I did, I was really lucky. Just waiting for the formal offer to come in in the next few weeks.

Still waiting to hear back from UofT's 2 year MSW waitlist though but honestly not holding my breath with how competitive it is.

1 hour ago, MSW Candidate 16 said:

Fingers crossed that tomorrow is the day we hear from Laurier about the regular track (non-bsw) part-time online program. The wait has been excruciating and dragged on for so long—best of luck to those waiting to hear.

I hope so!! I just wanted to share that on Monday (June 5th), someone posted that they received an email that decisions were going to be sent out in 10-15 days. 

11 minutes ago, stressball101 said:

I hope so!! I just wanted to share that on Monday (June 5th), someone posted that they received an email that decisions were going to be sent out in 10-15 days. 

I know. I saw that too. However, still holding out hope for June 9th and not the 16th or 23rd :(

I was also really hanging into hope that yesterday (June 9th) would be the day. Last I heard was the "start of June", but obviously that has come and gone and we are into mid-June. It's so discouraging and the painful wait is only going to suck even more if it's all just been to get bad news. I'm losing my mind over here.

5 hours ago, EN1988 said:

Back in December I had emailed to ask and was told:

"Our MSW online programs are in high demand generally we receive over 200 applications for 30 positions."

I don't like those odds, lol.

By Grad Admissions, I was told they cap applications at 150 and only have space for 32 people in the program per semester, so roughly the same. 

Edited by MSW Candidate 16

I got an email from Laurier for the online part time program, and they were asking for one of my transcripts to be re-sent. Not sure if this is a good thing or if it’s just a general follow up. But anyway, just letting you all know that they are still working through them. Fingers crossed for this Friday! 

43 minutes ago, CraftyBee said:

I got an email from Laurier for the online part time program, and they were asking for one of my transcripts to be re-sent. Not sure if this is a good thing or if it’s just a general follow up. But anyway, just letting you all know that they are still working through them. Fingers crossed for this Friday! 

Thanks for sharing! May I ask what is the first alphabet of your last name? 

Edited by wildcatzhou