MSW Canadian Applications Fall 2023

21 hours ago, CraftyBee said:

I got an email from Laurier for the online part time program, and they were asking for one of my transcripts to be re-sent. Not sure if this is a good thing or if it’s just a general follow up. But anyway, just letting you all know that they are still working through them. Fingers crossed for this Friday! 

Wow, this is surprising that they are still reviewing documents this late.

I thought they had progressed further than this, as 13 days ago (June 1, 2023), Admissions also contacted me and asked to resend a transcript. Additionally, someone wrote here that they were told via email that final decisions for the program had already been sent to Grad Admissions as of the end of May. Perhaps this means they are considering you...

Nonetheless, I will be shocked if they release decisions this Friday, June 16, 2023, as it seems very unlikely. *sigh*

Edited by MSW Candidate 16
words

As of today, Thursday, June 14, 2023, from Wilfrid Laurier...

"We have sent our decisions for the Fall 2023 Part-Time MSW to the Grad Studies office for processing. It is hard to pinpoint a specific day that they will be able to finish processing them by, but you should be notified by email of our decision within the next week or so." 

words

20 hours ago, MSW Candidate 16 said:

As of today, Thursday, June 14, 2023, from Wilfrid Laurier...

"We have sent our decisions for the Fall 2023 Part-Time MSW to the Grad Studies office for processing. It is hard to pinpoint a specific day that they will be able to finish processing them by, but you should be notified by email of our decision within the next week or so." 

This is great news! Good luck everyone, hopefully the wait will be over very soon!

Hi everyone! Has there been any updates or movement on the waitlist for UofT advanced standing program? I know we're only on the second week of June and are expected to hear back anytime from now until September, but the wait is KILLING ME and am starting to feel a bit discouraged...

Edited by yenyyenn

9 minutes ago, MSW Candidate 16 said:

Thank you kindly. I received the email at 10:33 AM EST. 

Congrats! That is so exciting. Do you mind me asking what your last name starts with and when you applied? I’m curious if they’re sending out decisions alphabetically or by application date. Anxiously waiting now!!

28 minutes ago, MSW Candidate 16 said:

Thank you kindly. I received the email at 10:33 AM EST. 

Congratulations!!! Just want to let others know it did take approximately 1-2 weeks for Laurier to release acceptances for the full-time regular program - so it may be a little bit of a wait for those who haven't heard back yet

27 minutes ago, cmornin said:

Congrats! That is so exciting. Do you mind me asking what your last name starts with and when you applied? I’m curious if they’re sending out decisions alphabetically or by application date. Anxiously waiting now!!

Last name starts with H. I applied and received my OUAC receipt on March 1, 2023, and submitted my supplemental documentation in early April 2023. On Thursday, June 1, 2023, Grad Admissions contacted me and asked me to resend my college transcript by the next business day at noon. On June 16, 2023, I received an acceptance email. 

2 hours ago, stressball101 said:

Has anyone been in touch with admissions at UofT for the 2-year program waitlist? I don't think I have seen anyone that's been moved off of the waitlist, this seems later than previous years? Eeeeeeek

Nope! I keep meaning to call but wasn’t sure if no one has received an update or if I just hadn’t lol

2 hours ago, MSMSW16 said:

Many Congratulations!  I didn't realize the application was open for the Part-time Laurier non-BSW program until March 2023.  I had to have all of my documents in by mid-dec 2022. 

Still waiting on pins and needles!

Me either. I applied in October and had to have everything submitted by Dec 15th. I still haven't received anything. 

I’m also an October 2022 applicant and haven’t heard anything 😞 I thought the application was only open for 1-2 days and limited to so many applicants. I’m surprised to hear that a March application would be considered for September 2023 and thought that would be January 2024. Regardless, sending a my congratulations to you on your acceptance!! Very exciting!!

Edited by patientlywaiting2023