MSW Canadian Applications Fall 2023

This is what they said to me: (and I've accepted to be placed on the wait-list)

The review of applications to the MSW Online Part-Time program for Fall 2023 is now complete and while we are unable to offer you admission, you are being contacted at this time to ask if you would be interested in being placed on the wait list. We ask that you do not contact us in regards to your “position” on the wait list.  

If you are interested in being placed on the wait list, a response (accept or decline) to this email is required on or beforeFriday, July 14, 2023. If we do not receive a response your application will be closed.

Has anybody heard back at all from any movement on the waitlists for Laurier or Windsor full-time non-BSW/regular track MSW programs? 
I’m not sure if I’m not hearing back because my number on the waitlist just isn’t up there enough, or if they haven’t started moving the waitlist at all. 

I could be wrong but I don't think everyone is offered a spot on the waitlist. A number of people said they received rejection letters, so I assume that means they weren't waitlisted. I've got no clue how many are on the waitlist though and the email says specifically not to inquire about your position on the waitlist... I wonder if they would tell us how many total are on the list 😋

1 hour ago, Aquabby said:

Has anybody heard back at all from any movement on the waitlists for Laurier or Windsor full-time non-BSW/regular track MSW programs? 
I’m not sure if I’m not hearing back because my number on the waitlist just isn’t up there enough, or if they haven’t started moving the waitlist at all. 

Movement has been made for some people but i guess our name/position hasnt been called up yet

It sounds like a lot of us got our decisions today for Laurie's PT online MSW (non-BSW)... Is there anyone who hasn't heard yet, or do you think they release them all today?

Does anyone know whether waitlist admissions will trickle out as people decline offers, or will they wait until after the deadline to accept offers (which I assume is July 14, same as the deadline to accept your spot on the waitlist) before they start offering those spots to those on the waitlist?

3 hours ago, stressball101 said:

I emailed Angela from admissions at UofT and received a very unhelpful response back. I had asked if any offers from waitlisted candidates have gone out but she only updated me on my current status and no other info... Boo

What info did she provide you on your current status? I wasn’t sure that they would provide anything!

On 6/19/2023 at 4:34 PM, Socialworkenthusiast said:

Movement has been made for some people but i guess our name/position hasnt been called up yet

Ahh, okay thank you! Starting to feel personally attacked by this waiting 😭

15 hours ago, Liv987 said:

What info did she provide you on your current status? I wasn’t sure that they would provide anything!

Nothing really! Just said there has been no change to my current application status and if there is, I will receive an email. If not, I will receive an email in September when my application closes. 

On 6/23/2023 at 9:53 AM, Vanessa99 said:

Is there anyone here starting at Windsor in the fall for the regular track 2-year (non-BSW)? Are there any group chats for it yet?

Me! I haven't seen any chats or anything though... 

Congratulations to everyone who has heard back, and positive thoughts to those still waiting!

I am wondering if anyone is interested in creating a FB group page for Laurier Advance PT MSW? Or if there was already one someone knows about?

With the decisions getting made later than anticipated, I am nervous in getting everything prepared in time for September. 

On 6/25/2023 at 4:45 PM, cdgy said:

Me! I haven't seen any chats or anything though... 

I found one on discord, but there's only current students in it, and I feel weird asking registration questions while they're discussing their classes. Maybe we should make one for the incoming fall students?

13 hours ago, Vanessa99 said:

I found one on discord, but there's only current students in it, and I feel weird asking registration questions while they're discussing their classes. Maybe we should make one for the incoming fall students?

Ah! I don't really use discord. Maybe a Facebook group?