2023 Computational Biology/Bioinformatics/Systems Biology PhD Admissions

melch

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Silver-Lining said:

I received an offer from POI via email for Brown CCMB on 1/27. Not sure if there will be official offers later. 

My POI is barely affiliated with CCMB and definitely not on the committee, so not expecting to hear anything from her lol

On 1/30/2023 at 11:13 AM, Silver-Lining said:

I received an offer from POI via email for Brown CCMB on 1/27. Not sure if there will be official offers later. 

Do you mind me asking if you interviewed with the POI that sent you an offer? I interviewed with 2 faculty that were part of the admissions committee but not any that I listed in my SOP.

2 hours ago, compbio99 said:

Do you mind me asking if you interviewed with the POI that sent you an offer? I interviewed with 2 faculty that were part of the admissions committee but not any that I listed in my SOP.

I did not interview with the POI, but I talked with them before I submitted my application. My POI is on the committe.

2 hours ago, Coconut Matrix said:

Anyone receiving UCSD BISB committee offer? I heard someone got it. I haven't heard back. 

I also haven't heard back, but I heard some people were rejected after interviews a couple days ago. Where did you see that someone received a committee letter?

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/19/2023 at 4:51 AM, kokyriakidis said:

Has anyone heard back from:

Bioinformatics and Systems Biology PhD program from San Diego

and

Biomolecular Engineering & Bioinformatics PhD program from Santa Cruz?

For UCSD BISB, they have sent out committee offers two weeks ago. Some people not getting committee offers then got direct admission offers from professors. Some are rejected already. If you still haven't heard back, that means you are on the waitlist for professors to direct admit you. If no professors wants to direct admit you, you probably will receive rejection soon.