2023 Canada Admissions SLP thread

1 minute ago, speechenthusiast said:

Did anyone find out about acceptances for Mcmaster or Western through email? Because I haven't gotten an email, just saw through ORPAS and through the school portals 

I saw my offer from McMaster on ORPAS first! But I just got the email from SGS Admissions McMaster that said my portal changed and it has the letter of admission!!

I've been waitlisted for Western! It's not exactly what I was hoping for but after 5 rejections from them I'll take it!

Haven't heard from UofT yet, and nothing has updated on my ORPAS account for any of the schools I've applied to. Those of you who have heard from them, was it via email or another way? Congrats to everyone :)

I wanted to hop on here and say congratulations to everyone who received an offer! You should be very proud of yourselves:)❤️ I was put on Western’s waitlist and wanted to know if you all thought it would be okay to email Janet about what quadrant I was in? In the email, it says information related to my exact position on the waitlist was not available. Let me know:)

Hey everyone! I am so grateful and overjoyed to be sharing that I have been offered admission for McMaster and UofT! I am so delighted to see others who have been accepted as well! Let me know if anyone would like to be friends! Spreading positive vibes to everyone and goodluck on your admissions 🥰

4 hours ago, SLPplease1 said:

Omg. Omg. Omg. Omg!  I got accepted to U of T, my first and only choice!! 

Hey congratulations! I have been accepted as well! Just wondering if you know whether we will be receiving an official admissions letter aside from the status update on ORPAS? :) 

6 hours ago, SLPQuestions2023 said:

I saw my offer from McMaster on ORPAS first! But I just got the email from SGS Admissions McMaster that said my portal changed and it has the letter of admission!!

First of All CONGRATULATIONS!!!. Second, which one are you thinking of accepting and why? Please go in details if you can. Thank you

Hi everyone! Long-time lurker of this forum HAHA. I just wanted to say congrats to everyone who has been accepted!!! This is so exciting and seeing everyone's hard work pay off is so gratifying :) 

This is my first year applying... I applied to Dal, McGill, Western, UofT, and Mac. I'm from Nova Scotia so Dal is my first choice, however I haven't heard anything from them yet. BUT I am ecstatic this morning as I was accepted to UofT and Western!!! (I was waitlisted for Mac but I did not interview well LOL).

Congrats again everyone!!

Hey everyone! Late posting this because Gradcafe locked me out of my account. 

I applied to Audiology and Speech at Dalhousie (I did not have the pre reqs to apply to any other Canadian schools) and got accepted into both on March 15th. My stats were:

BA in Psychology with honors (in behavioral neuroscience) 

4.2/4.3 last 20 credits

Around 50 hours of volunteer work at a pediatric SLP and AUD clinic

100+ volunteer hours with other youth/community programs (i.e, Big Brother Big Sister, CMHA, ESL tutor, coaching children with disabilities)

100+ hours of research-based experience as a volunteer and teaching assistant 

I also did two separate study abroad programs in Spain, where I was immersed in the Spanish education system and language, which may have strengthened my application (I am unsure how admissions weigh these types of programs, so perhaps it was completely irrelevant). 

My understanding is that the applicants who have applied to both programs and gained acceptance into both programs hear back first. This is because we are technically taking up two spots (one in each program), so if you have applied to only SLP at Dal and have yet to hear back, I would not stress. I think they wait until the dual applicants confirm and then send out a second round of acceptances based on the number of spots left. I have to confirm by April 15th! I hope this is helpful  :) 

Hey everyone! Long-time lurker here too lol I made an account just to say that I got an offer from McMaster and I was waitlisted at both UofT and Western. Luckily, McMaster was my top choice so I have firmly accepted the offer already!

Is anyone else accepting McMaster? It'd be nice to get to know some of you and maybe make a group chat or something!

First of all congrats to everyone who got acceptances! 
I was waitlisted at UofT and Western. 
I found it odd that Western stated there would be zero information about where we sit on the waitlist as historically they have shared quadrant information.

Is anyone else super suspicious of why none of these schools share waitlist information? 
My theory (and please tell me if you think I’m insane) is that they have “quotas” and essentially there isn’t much of an order to the waitlist. If their (for example) bisexual applicant accepts somewhere else, they contact their “next in line” bisexual applicant, etc.

It just makes zero sense to me why they can’t share our position on the waitlist, how many people they waitlist, or really anything in regards to waitlist.  

Plus all that information they had us input about gender, sexual identity, nationality, etc doesn’t make me any less suspicious. 😅