2023 Canada Admissions SLP thread

13 hours ago, SLP2019 said:

Hi everyone!

Congratulations to everyone on acceptances! I have been accepted for AUD at Western, and waitlisted for UofA SLP.

Anyone know how many people applied to Audiology this year? and what the Western class size will be?

Thanks in advance!

I believe the class size for Western Aud is 32 this year, according to ORPAS! Not sure how many people applied

51 minutes ago, ElsaNotFrozen said:

Has anyone spoken recently to McGill? I haven't seen anyone in the group get waitlist or rejections yet and mine still says In Review. A little bit ridiculous how late it is now...

I have heard nothing. It's the only school I am waiting to hear back from and the only thing keeping me from accepting my spot at Western. Hopefully we hear by the end of this week.

On 4/3/2023 at 3:00 PM, argghhh said:

Hi! I was hoping to connect with any students currently in the SLP program at the University of Toronto? I know this isn't the best place to find current students, but if any happen to see this I just have a few questions - thank you so much in advance!

hey there! I'm currently in UofT's SLP program. feel free to send me a message :)

On 3/30/2023 at 10:50 AM, vanisle.speech said:

For those who got the acceptance email from U of A, has your portal updated at all yet? 

Side note, I will be moving from B.C. and would love to connect with anyone else moving to Edmonton! Would love to find shared housing with folks in the program :) 

Me as well! Do you have instagram/facebook?

17 hours ago, sunnyslp000 said:

Has anyone heard anything from Dalhousie since the first few acceptances that went out early March? 

Nothing yet! I had emailed them and they said we will be hearing closer to the end of April. 

I just looked at the forum from last year  and a lot of people heard back from dal the last couple days of April… a lot of them were rejections too. Disappointing to hear but in case anyone was curious thought I’d share 

Hi all!

I just recieved an email that I was waitlisted for McGill. I had emailed yesterday asking about the status and they replied with my waitlist information today. Hopefully others hear soon!

Edit: Does anyone have an idea how long the waitlist is? Is it reasonable to ask your place, or does that look bad on your application?

Edited by maddieslpapplicant

Joining the conversation late, but I got an email that I have a place on the waitlist for McGill! Really hoping things go well, it's my top choice. I asked about waitlist information and they replied saying they do not provide a specific ranking or number of candidates on the list.

I've also been waitlisted for McMaster and Western! Good luck to everyone waiting too! :)