2023 Canada Admissions SLP thread

5 hours ago, argghhh said:

Just heard back from Dal!! So happy 

5 hours ago, girl said:

Me too!! I'm so surprised they sent out letters so early!

CONGRATS!  That is so exciting! I am surprised they are sending out decisions so early.  

Do you mind letting us know if you applied for the thesis track or not, and also if you are Nova Scotia residents? Just trying to figure out the order they are sending these letters out in. :) 

47 minutes ago, speechbean said:

CONGRATS!  That is so exciting! I am surprised they are sending out decisions so early.  

Do you mind letting us know if you applied for the thesis track or not, and also if you are Nova Scotia residents? Just trying to figure out the order they are sending these letters out in. :) 

I'm also not a Nova Scotia resident and non-thesis track

18 minutes ago, kits123 said:

Did anyone else’s McGill application change from “In review” to “Submitted”, not sure what it means if it means anything at all. 

Mine still says "In Review", when did it change for you?

18 minutes ago, kits123 said:

Did anyone else’s McGill application change from “In review” to “Submitted”, not sure what it means if it means anything at all. 

Mine still says "submitted" on the initial Application Management page, but when I open the actual application it says "In Review"

2 hours ago, speechiegal said:

Congrats to you all who have received an acceptance from Dal so far!:) I was just wondering if anyone knows the span of days over which Dal has sent offers out in the past? Or is it usually all in one day?

I haven't applied to Dal myself, but if I remember correctly from last year acceptances and waitlist were sent out over a couple of days. 

10 minutes ago, kits123 said:

It changed today, it no longer says in review, it says “submitted”. It used to say “in review” in green on my application. 

Thank you! When you click on "View your application", has anything changed there? Like my "In Review" is in blue and then the next step is "Get your admission decision" and that's in grey.

3 hours ago, speechiegal said:

Congrats to you all who have received an acceptance from Dal so far!:) I was just wondering if anyone knows the span of days over which Dal has sent offers out in the past? Or is it usually all in one day?

I remember last year, someone got offered early admission this time around. But some found out around April if they got accepted, waitlisted, rejected. Dal doesn't really have a system.

25 minutes ago, kits123 said:

It changed today, it no longer says in review, it says “submitted”. It used to say “in review” in green on my application. 

Mine still says "In Review" as well. The portal says if any updates are made, we'll get an email.

3 minutes ago, AG404 said:

I remember last year, someone got offered early admission this time around. But some found out around April if they got accepted, waitlisted, rejected. Dal doesn't really have a system.

Thanks so much for letting me know! Do you know how some people qualify for early admission?? Or is it completely random?

11 hours ago, speechiegal said:

Thanks so much for letting me know! Do you know how some people qualify for early admission?? Or is it completely random?

I honestly have no idea... As per last year's thread, the person who got his acceptance early applied to both Aud and SLP. 

2 hours ago, am_speechie said:

Has anyone heard from McGill yet??

Hope everyone is taking care of themselves during these few weeks, I know it's stressful! 

I haven't heard anything either. Has anyone asked McGill when we will be getting news? I wonder if it won't be until next week like last year. 

5 hours ago, am_speechie said:

Has anyone heard from McGill yet??

Hope everyone is taking care of themselves during these few weeks, I know it's stressful! 

I haven't heard anything and I've been checking multiple times every day. Definitely stressing!