Fall 2023 Biomedical Sciences U.S. Ph.D. Program Applications

immuno.virology

12 hours ago, Mustang_97 said:

How did your interview go with UMass? I attended it last week.

It went really well for me! The interviewers I chose were super nice and fair with their questions. It was my first interview, but I felt really good and confident after it was finished. Hoping to hear back from UMass soon ? how was yours?

Super happy you got into your first choice! Congrats again!

6 minutes ago, ESAT6 said:

It went really well for me! The interviewers I chose were super nice and fair with their questions. It was my first interview, but I felt really good and confident after it was finished. Hoping to hear back from UMass soon ? how was yours?

That's nice. Same for me. Went well. They were friendly and nice!

Thank you!

5 hours ago, ESAT6 said:

Just got acceptance email from UMass. Hope you get it soon!!

10 minutes ago, biomedtrack112 said:

How long did it take UMass to get back to you? Nervously awaiting their follow up post interview

During the interview they said it depends on how well you did, and how well you fit with the program, for the interviewers to get back. The earliest would be a week. The latest would be in the mid of Feb. I got it in 5 days from the date of interview. My interview went smoothly.

On 1/27/2023 at 1:54 PM, FyrePenguin said:

Anyone here applied to Mayo Clinic and got the in-person on site recruitment invitation? And if we do get that invitation, does this mean we’re soooo close to being admitted? 

I applied to Mayo IMM and got the in-person on site recruitment invitation. They told us on the interview day that only highly-ranking candidates are invited, and not getting invites does not mean you will not get offers. So yes, I think receiving invitation mean we're close to being admitted. 

13 hours ago, totoblabla said:

I applied to Mayo IMM and got the in-person on site recruitment invitation. They told us on the interview day that only highly-ranking candidates are invited, and not getting invites does not mean you will not get offers. So yes, I think receiving invitation mean we're close to being admitted. 

i hope so! I was invited for the on site visit to jacksonville next week and I honestly dont want to get my hopes up since this is my first choice school. 

On 1/30/2023 at 10:53 AM, totoblabla said:

As I remembered they interviewed total 25 against 7-9 slots and inviting only the top candidates. Congrats to you!!!

Do you think they will send the final offer/waitlist decision after the in-person visit of 2/17? 

Just got an offer from Harvard BBS! They said they’re sending out acceptances on a rolling basis this year. (I was in the second interview weekend.)

Edited by yikesonbikes

Accepted the offer from Uni of Minnesota! Got directly admitted into a lab (Neurovirology), saving a year!

For those who got admitted, good luck on your program and congrats!

For those who are still waiting / got rejected, don't lose hope. I got rejected last year and know how it feels.

Peace out!

22 hours ago, Mustang_97 said:

Accepted the offer from Uni of Minnesota! Got directly admitted into a lab (Neurovirology), saving a year!

For those who got admitted, good luck on your program and congrats!

For those who are still waiting / got rejected, don't lose hope. I got rejected last year and know how it feels.

Peace out!

Congratulations! You're going to do great at University of Minnesota! ?

1 minute ago, Mustang_97 said:

Did you finalize? Where are you going?

Just accepted the offer for UMass Chan Medical School! Super excited to go to the school and finally attend graduate school!