Fall 2023 Biomedical Sciences U.S. Ph.D. Program Applications

immuno.virology

On 12/22/2022 at 3:00 PM, totoblabla said:

Did you heard anything from CU Anschutz yet? I saw someone updated on gradcafe result that they got interview. Also, they told me that they will sent out invites this week. 

I received an email from CU Anschutz on December 16th saying I just missed the interview cutoff for the Biomedical Sciences Program but could interview for direct admission with my first choice program. In-person interview weekend is in early February. From the wording of the email all BMS interviews have been sent. 

On 12/24/2022 at 5:02 PM, astra said:

Hi, not sure if this is the right forum, but just wondering if anyone here applied to the Harvard-MIT HST program? I’m pretty sure interview invites (or rejections…) come out in January and just wanted to see if others applied!

I applied to HST too! I haven't heard anything but judging from last year it's in early-mid Jan for interview invites as you mentioned too! Pls lmk if you hear from them and I'll do the same haha~ Best of luck!!

On 12/22/2022 at 5:28 PM, Tanzila Ismail said:

oh alright! almost died of a heart attack right there ?

I got an email from GEMS that first round of interviews went out, but also that they haven't reviewed my application yet.

They are planning to review applications for the next 10 weeks. I think they are planning on doing rolling admissions till the class gets full

15 hours ago, Mustang_97 said:

I got an email from GEMS that first round of interviews went out, but also that they haven't reviewed my application yet.

They are planning to review applications for the next 10 weeks. I think they are planning on doing rolling admissions till the class gets full

yes, i got the same email from him. Thanks for the update! Appreciate it

On 1/4/2023 at 11:30 PM, Cherryblue001 said:

Hi guys! I am a first year phd student in the Harvard Virology program and I want to help answer any interview questions you may have! Please dm me! I hope you all have a successful admissions cycle 

I will interview with current students and faculty members. I want to know what questions will students ask. How should I prepare my interview with students? Will my performance be rated by students or only by faculty members?

7 minutes ago, Angela211 said:

I will interview with current students and faculty members. I want to know what questions will students ask. How should I prepare my interview with students? Will my performance be rated by students or only by faculty members?

I also had a student led interview but they were mostly there to check the vibes. We bantered about research and we talked about the city. I think that those interviews are pretty low stakes but if you want to be prepared you can look into the labs they are in and ask research questions. The program asks for student feedback but it isn’t weighted heavily.