Fall 2023 Biomedical Sciences U.S. Ph.D. Program Applications

immuno.virology

53 minutes ago, Mustang_97 said:

Got rejection from UMaryland Neuro PhD. Expected one.

Saw that invites were sent from Emory Immunology program. So probably that too ?

Yea... Not too optimistic about my chances with Emory either but still hoping!

2 minutes ago, ESAT6 said:

Yea... Not too optimistic about my chances with Emory either but still hoping!

Yeah. If there was one school that I was never optimistic from the start, it would be Emory ? 

They are way fucking selective.

That being said, Good luck ?

Edited by Mustang_97

14 minutes ago, क्रीं said:

@coloredimagesThey are random in my case....none of them are from the department I applied to.

mixed bag for me—some are related (ish) and some are random. Like the guy in my first slot works with T-cells (I'm in CAR-T therapy/cancer bio) BUT he's a neurologist lol I I know nothing about the brain

1 hour ago, newtoCMB said:

Just saw someone got interview invitation from UMass Biomed. That is one of my top choice, haven’t heard anything.

Same. I haven’t heard anything either yet it’s also one of my top choices.

27 minutes ago, gammadelta_tcell said:

Hey ya'll! Just got an email for virtual interview invite from UCSF BMS program. that's UCSF and UCSD BMS on the same day! super excited

Eyyyyyy! So the PI that informed me was correct ? congrats and good luck!

11 hours ago, Chill_Researcher said:

Has anyone received interview invites for the Neuroscience track at Mayo Clinic? I see a couple of invites for Regenerative Medicine and Immunology. 

Also please let me know if you have received any communication from Penn BGS (NGG), Northwestern University (NUIN), Yale BBS (Neuroscience track), Harvard BBS, Princeton (Mol Bio), Boston University (Biology), UIUC (MCB).

Best of luck!

Yale Neuroscience tends to send out invites between 12/21-12/23. At an open house they said they'd notify people before christmas.

Has anyone got a rejection from UCSF BMS yet? Ive seen a couple people say they got interviews but I still haven't got an email and there's no update to my application portal one way or another and am wondering if there's any hope left for that one or if they just haven't sent out their rejection emails yet ?

1 hour ago, bmorr said:

Has anyone got a rejection from UCSF BMS yet? Ive seen a couple people say they got interviews but I still haven't got an email and there's no update to my application portal one way or another and am wondering if there's any hope left for that one or if they just haven't sent out their rejection emails yet ?

They asked us to RSVP by December 26 so that they could know the number of interviewees and make sure not to invite too many. Considering they haven't rejected you and their website says you will receive an invite by end of December, I'd assume they will send out more interview invitations if not everyone who got one chooses to accept it.

Has anyone receive any reply from the BBSP program from the UNC? I applied for the early deadline and haven't heard anything back since then. I saw that they were sending out interview invitation from Dec 4th last year. But this year there were none???

23 minutes ago, Peanut said:

Has anyone receive any reply from the BBSP program from the UNC? I applied for the early deadline and haven't heard anything back since then. I saw that they were sending out interview invitation from Dec 4th last year. But this year there were none???

There's at-least 4 to 5 people on reddit that have said they got an invite. As an international student, I wouldn't be surprised if they rejected me tbh.

1 hour ago, क्रीं said:

There's at-least 4 to 5 people on reddit that have said they got an invite. As an international student, I wouldn't be surprised if they rejected me tbh.

Thanks a lot... Yeah, I also saw the post. I applied on the priority deadline for UNC. I took the interview  for case western BSTP on November. I'm so panic because I saw someone even got the offer for the BSTP program on grad cafe. Can't stand to loose this one too....?