2022-2023 Application Thread

Theory007

2 hours ago, bfil said:

Is there anyone that did not receive anything from Yale? No answer, nothing...

Just now, bfil said:

Did you have a problem with application? I am worried if I made a mistake :(

I don't know! I received the confirmation email and made the payment on time. Did you apply the joint PhD program? I remembered I probably said yes to the data science program. Not sure if it is because of that.

12 minutes ago, lalalalalala123 said:

Since we both did not receive the results, at least they did not miss our applications i assume. Maybe not just us.

17 minutes ago, lalalalalala123 said:

I don't know! I received the confirmation email and made the payment on time. Did you apply the joint PhD program? I remembered I probably said yes to the data science program. Not sure if it is because of that.

I think I did apply to the joint PhD program. I feel slightly relieved that I'm not alone :D

Hi- new to this forum..

Did anyone receive OSU funding emails? Or know what the fundings are usually like? My professor just told me it's really hard to get funding from OSU and am terrified..

Also should I consider University of Washington, Northwestern and USC a rejection if I haven't received any notice by now?

21 hours ago, JoeyGrad said:

Accepted in University of Toronto (International applicant from Spain). Still waiting for NYU decision (no news so far). My subfield is Comparative Politics.

Congratulations! May I ask what your profile/stats are like? I would like to apply to UofT next year and also currently in Europe. I'm interested in knowing what they look for at European candidates.

3 hours ago, noquan said:

Hi- new to this forum..

Did anyone receive OSU funding emails? Or know what the fundings are usually like? My professor just told me it's really hard to get funding from OSU and am terrified..

Also should I consider University of Washington, Northwestern and USC a rejection if I haven't received any notice by now?

During the OSU interview, they told me the funding decisions take time because it doesn't depend on the department. I still hadn't received any funding information. While I don't remember exactly the words they used in the interview, my sense was that most accepted students get funding (the timing may vary though depending on accepted offers). 

Thanks @redaxcx! Regarding my background, I obtained my in Poli Sci BA (GPA 3.6/3.7) in Barcelona (academic year 2018/19), and one year later my Master's in the same field (GPA 4.00). I am specialized in Political Behavior and Comparative Politics. I have also been working at a Research Center in the same area for a year and half now, with two published book chapters.

Edited by JoeyGrad
I cannot quote :(