2022-2023 Application Thread

Theory007

8 hours ago, noquan said:

Hi- new to this forum..

Did anyone receive OSU funding emails? Or know what the fundings are usually like? My professor just told me it's really hard to get funding from OSU and am terrified..

Also should I consider University of Washington, Northwestern and USC a rejection if I haven't received any notice by now?

OSU gives funding to most students I think but it is not dependent on the Dept of polisci whatsoever, the graduate school has all the power to determine who gets fundings based pretty much of GRE and GPA. The whole system is very VERY bureaucratic because it is such a massive school.

2 hours ago, irapplicant123 said:

Same here as well, are there any IR admits? No email or change on the portal

Same here. Is it is a sign of being waitlisted. Do we know how many offers that are actually sent out this year?

6 hours ago, Bagsag said:

OSU gives funding to most students I think but it is not dependent on the Dept of polisci whatsoever, the graduate school has all the power to determine who gets fundings based pretty much of GRE and GPA. The whole system is very VERY bureaucratic because it is such a massive school.

@caa_17

Thank you for the replies!

I wasn't interviewed so I didn't really get the chance to talk to anyone from the school. I am a bit worried about the funding now cause my GRE score wasn't my strength..

Hope we all get great fundings!

Edited by noquan

People, have we had any news from Northwestern U? My portal is just idle - and it has been looking the same since the day I clicked that "submit" button.

I saw a few people were admitted a couple of weeks ago or so, but have we had any rejects?

2 hours ago, qampus said:

People, have we had any news from Northwestern U? My portal is just idle - and it has been looking the same since the day I clicked that "submit" button.

I saw a few people were admitted a couple of weeks ago or so, but have we had any rejects?

Hey, may I ask when you got the interview email and did the interview for CEU? I am asking because last year I never received the interview email (even though they said that they had emailed me) so I had to interview in April! I'm scared the same would happen this year ?

What did the email include? Does it show anything on your portal?

4 hours ago, qampus said:

2 admissions cycles ago i didnt get my reject from them until april

1 minute ago, butlerianjihad said:

claiming a waitlist from Georgetown. Does anyone have any idea what are chances of being admitted from the waitlist? 

At least you received some news from Georgetown University :) I couldn't even see any acceptance posts from Georgetown.