Canadian schools (including York)

Niels

on a related note, I'm guessing everyone should hear from Toronto shortly if they haven't already, as I received my e-mail earlier this evening.

Browneyed girl.....you fail to mention if you got in or not

my apologies - I just checked my status, and it's still "under review." this is what I received:

Greetings from the Political Science Department at the University of Toronto. Our PhD admissions committee has just met and a decision was made to offer you a position in our PhD program beginning September 2008. CONGRATULATIONS!! I am more than happy to bring you this news and hope that you will consider joining us in the fall. The offer comes with a guaranteed funding package of $13,000 plus tuition. Details related to the funding package and your admission will be communicated to you shortly. My apologies for not emailing individually but this email is simply to give you the good news and to welcome you to our PhD program.

so, it's not clear if everyone received this e-mail, but I would guess (and it's just a guess) that a number of people did and that there may be some sort of waitlist depending on what happens.

My friend got in too. We are both masters students at U of T. He seems to think that he also got a TA ship.

Where are all of you coming from? Where are your MA's from? Or are you doing MA in the PhD streams?

Just rejected at York, via a personal email from a faculty member there. Email contains this interesting tidbit for American students: "We [i.e. York] are allowed only four international applicants plus two for the reversion list [i'm guessing this is Canadian for wait list] and you were just outside the admint/ reversion pool." So basically, very hard for international students to be accepted... Congrats to those admitted!

I called the department todays. They told me to call next week if I don't hear anything from them. They also told me they look at applications from visa students (Americans and other international students) last. They also don't have an April 15 matriculation deadline like everyone else. Great.

Some administrative error, huh?

To my mind, the dark dungeon of decision-making will never be deciphered. I have no idea how Adcom's work. Probably never will.

@LizH

I don't know if they have sent yet, but if you live in the States that mail can take forever. I once sent a letter and it took 6 weeks to go from T dot to the midwest.

I still haven't received a letter by mail, but I received two e-mails, the second of which promised a letter by mail and contained an attached, general version of said promised letter. the funding information wasn't specific, though, so I'm guessing that still has to come. unfortunately, it ideally needs to come... within the next 8 days. sigh.

I received an email from the MA program assistant today informing me that I was put on the waitlist. She attached a letter from the admissions committee:

"The Admissions Committee recently met and considered over two hundred applications for the Master

• 1 year later...